The Black Ghost story - 1970 Challenger 426 HEMI Special Edition package

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one great heartwarming story about a Detroit man that ordered a special edition car ticking off every box relating to luxury and high performance.

He goes out about once a month, beating all comers in street racing then disappearing. It was a legend called the Black Ghost. They even built a special car trying to beat it.

If you are into cars especially 70's muscle and especially MOPAR, you have to watch this.

Oh yeah, the guy was a cop!

the black ghost 70 challeger.JPG

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool story. But, I doubt they ever crossed paths with a real Detroit street racing legend--Jimmy Addison and his famed "Silver Bullet" '67 Hemi GTX. Mid 11-second quarter-miles in the early Seventies, when well-prepared track cars were only marginally quicker. Then there was Steve Lisk in the late Seventies with his 9-second, Lenco-shifted '71 Hemi Challenger. Those are some bonafide Detroit street racing legends.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a buddy that had a yellow 71 challenger with black shaker hood and black top in high school man that was a bad ass car. Back in the late 80s early 90s the auto trader was full of old dodge muscle cars for 3-5k. If I only I had money back then.
In 1979, I bought a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 Magnum for $900. In 1984 or '85, I bought a '70 Charger RT/SE for $950. Too bad I was too stupid to hang on to either one. Had a buddy who bought a '69 Dodge Super Bee with the 440 Six Pack motor for $800 around 1981-82. Yeah, if I'd only had more money and a lot more sense back then....

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only been a passenger in one 69 Road runner 440 magnum six pack. That SOB laid scratch at 70 MPH!

It looked just like this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom