The Blaze.com gets it wrong just like O'Reilly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the tradition of Bill O'Reilly spewing lies about America's gun laws, now the blaze is guilty of a more minor offense LOL. The original story I heard was the guy used a Sig 556R (7.62x39), not the "shown" rifle which is a Sig 556 Swat 5.56mm....just HAD to point this out :)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sho...ls-1-after-they-drive-a-van-through-the-wall/

And for those that don't know O'Reilly got it wrong and stuck to it on like 3-4 occasions and last saw, he is sticking to his false statements that you can buy bazookas online with no tracking, AK's are "heavy weaponry" and you can buy fully automatic weapons with no tracking legally at gun shows...that is an East-coast yankie for ya who lives in a city and state that has some of the strictest gun laws. This is an insult to the 2nd Amendment and gives fuel to left-wind pundits. See story/vid below on this one:

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=24660

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oreilly was just stupid.

Calling the blaze out on this is a technicality, not blatant lies like Oreilly did. I thought the blaze article was well put together.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
where did the blaze get it wrong? the caption under the photo say's same type of gun, the two you name are the same type of gun in different chamberings,and the story states the wrdw doesn't release the exact model of weapon.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my liberal brother-in-law was ranting about large capacity gun magazines and would anyone need them!? My response to him was; Why would anyone need a car that drives over 65mph? The speed limit is 65mph, isn't his new corvette a little large in the speed "capacity"?

The rest of the evening was womderful without any liberal rants.

Cohiba

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
where did the blaze get it wrong? the caption under the photo say's same type of gun, the two you name are the same type of gun in different chamberings,and the story states the wrdw doesn't release the exact model of weapon.

I know it was a technicality, and that is why I said "more minor offense" and added LOL after it. I had been meaning to post about O'reilly anyway so I lumped them into one thread...forgive :)

This reminds me of in 1998 when a Warr Acres cop I used to know got shot at Buy for Less. I had on my scanner and the get away car was described as having bondo on the door. We all know what bondo is and it was a POS car. I turned on the news and saw Kelly Ogle giving the report and he said it was a white car with "BONBO" written on the side of it. The media is not well versed in guns nor automotive matters haha. I also like to call out technicalities and mistakes in movies...it is fun.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so in the tradition of the lib media you created controversy where there was none. they didn't get any thing wrong and clearly stated that the weapon used was a similar type and that the actual weapon was not disclosed, so you could wrongly equate what the blaze reported to the false claims of mister o'rielly. nice

Latest posts

Top Bottom