The CMP Philippine Garand Returns - 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please don’t get excited, this is from two years back. Just passing it along FYI.

The CMP Philippine Returns
Published on May 10, 2018
midway512

This video is brought to you by the Garand Collectors Association & it previews the Philippine Military Assistance

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My good friend has gotten eight or ten Garands from the CMP in the past year and a half; he believes several of them came out of the Philippines shipment. Most were decent examples of the Field Grade, with a couple very nice exceptions. One of the latter was a March 1945 issue Springfield... with original barrel. ME of 2.0, so that was a good score for him.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the armorers class I think it was 4 years ago and we got to tour the warehouse, I was shocked to see the 10s of thousands rifles they had but the government wouldn't let them release them to the public at that time. Crates with dozens of rifles just dumped in them. I believe that the CMP is the best way to buy a Garand. I have several

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a couple of Garands and wonder if anyone has used them in recent years to deer hunt? I would imagine that a person would have to have sharp eye for distance shooting.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the armorers class I think it was 4 years ago and we got to tour the warehouse, I was shocked to see the 10s of thousands rifles they had but the government wouldn't let them release them to the public at that time. Crates with dozens of rifles just dumped in them. I believe that the CMP is the best way to buy a Garand. I have several

Back in March of 1994 while inspecting surplus lots at Anniston, they let me go see Capt. Crunch.
Crunch was an iron worker machine and they were chopping "new cond." 1917 water-cooled machineguns and BARs into 3 inch chunks.
Seeing all those lovely polished blue and shiny brass parts made you want to cry.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in March of 1994 while inspecting surplus lots at Anniston, they let me go see Capt. Crunch.
Crunch was an iron worker machine and they were chopping "new cond." 1917 water-cooled machineguns and BARs into 3 inch chunks.
Seeing all those lovely polished blue and shiny brass parts made you want to cry.
There is an article in this months Garand Collectors magazine about Capt.Crunch being used to crush Garands ;<(

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is an article in this months Garand Collectors magazine about Capt.Crunch being used to crush Garands ;<(
The guys working there at that time told me that they had a strange operation a few months earlier.
The ATF backed in one day with a dumpster full of guns. They were ordered to chop them up stocks and all.
Then they were to put it all back in the dumpster. The guns were all really old stuff. Like from 1800-1900 era.
Looked like they came from a museum. It seemed really strange to them because that old stuff is not even covered by the GCA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom