The cost of clothes, sheesh!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you re in OKC, there is a Big and Tall store on N May Ave., West side of May, just South of NW Expressway. It's in a strip mall, behind a fast food restaurant. There is a set of traffic lights at the south end of that strip, and across May is a Super Target. Go in at the lights, headed West, and it is at the North end of the strip.

Woody

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a work trip coming in a few weeks. It's a week of nothing but business meetings and travel. Sounds nice until you do it, and I'd rather walk over hot coals at this point, but I have to keep the lights on somehow or another. It's a trip I make annually, however it seems the past few years I've been the oddball out by not wearing a fancy schmancy suit jacket. A pair of slacks and a polo shirt are about as formal as I like to get normally, but when you're the only one in the room of a dozen people in suits, I look like a hobo in comparison. Well I figured it'd be good to have a suit jacket, blazer, sport coat, or whatever the hell you call it. The only suit I own I bought about 15 years ago, and it's a bit of a struggle to get that button closed on the jacket! I've sat down to few good meals in those 15 years. I've been looking for a decent deal on a suit jacket, but I am a bigger guy so normal human clothes don't fit me quite right. About a month ago I looked at the cost of a new Ford F-150 crew cab and about fell over. Well these suit jacket prices for something in my size are making me do the same thing. I've yet to find one that wouldn't need an adjustment or two, so tack that onto the cost of the initial purchase and I'm in for a at least a few hundred bucks if apparently if I want anything of decent quality. And that's just for one. I have 5 days and a total of 11 meetings that week. I darn sure am not buying 5 jackets. One, maaaaaybe two if I can find a great bargain.

Prices nowadays........

Rant over. Back under my rock.

I have usually had good luck shopping the thrift stores for suit jackets. Might have to go to several stores to find a couple that fit decently. But it's a lot cheaper...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found a Piere Cardin blazer at Goodwill for $5. Fit like it was tailored.
But, that was a few biscuits and gravy ago.

People give some great stuff to Goodwill. (I don't know why)
If you are willing to search for them.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you need ties, I've got quite a few and should be long enough. You're close so if want to look I'll just toss in the pickup and meet up. Haven't worn any in years other than for a funeral. No sports coats over 46 Long or I'd loan you a couple.
I appreciate the offer but that won't be necessary. The one thing I have plenty of is ties!

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thrift store idea is a good one, but they're very hit or miss on specific sizes. Larger stuff always seems to go quickly. My last couple of suit jackets have come from Belk. They have a decent Big-Tall selection and usually have some excellent deals on sale/clearance items.

Latest posts

Top Bottom