the cost of wind power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is definitely writing with a bias. The reality is that no single method of generating power is perfect. Beyond that coal, oil, and natural gas are finite resources. The impact of depleting any one of those won't impact us, but at some point the inhabitants of this place will have to deal with it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are doing that now
Yep
3266166_032618-kgo-tesla-fire-2-img_Image_00-00-01,16.jpg

180516154241-tesla-fire-340xa.jpg

director-michael-morriss-tesla-model-s-on-fire-photo-credit--mary-mccormick_100654739_l.jpg

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That dude seriously needs an editor; his writing style isn't nearly as coherent as he apparently thinks it is. He's throwing out hard numbers without actually explaining where he gets them, aside from hand-waving about tax subsidies (which are apparently primarily just tax breaks, just like the ones that greenies incorrectly call subsidies when applied to oil & gas). Not to sound like my 7th grade math teacher, but when you're throwing out hard numbers, you need to show your work, not just say "$80 - subsidies = $25." Or at least give me some sort of references where I can go work the math out for myself.
Back in the day the magazine Mother Earth News would have articles about how great and affordable it was to live without electricity.
Of course the person writing the article always lived in the northern part of Vermont and apparently had many, many acres of hardwood trees just waiting to be cut down for firewood.
As I recall those articles never mentioned (or quickly glossed over) their lack of air conditioning and how much fun it was to dry their wet clothes in the New England winters.
And they would include a sentence or two about how much money they were saving, with absolutely nothing to back up their numbers.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day the magazine Mother Earth News would have articles about how great and affordable it was to live without electricity.
Of course the person writing the article always lived in the northern part of Vermont and apparently had many, many acres of hardwood trees just waiting to be cut down for firewood.
As I recall those articles never mentioned (or quickly glossed over) their lack of air conditioning and how much fun it was to dry their wet clothes in the New England winters.
And they would include a sentence or two about how much money they were saving, with absolutely nothing to back up their numbers.
They actually had a few articles about home-made windchargers (the vertical ones, made from barrel halves), battery banks, and how to rig a refrigerator with an automotive (York type) AC compressor and a DC motor.

But I'm pretty sure all that worked better with small dwellings rather than luxury homes... :D
:drunk2L

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two wrongs still don't make a right.

He might very well be correct about the costs, but it's no more (or less) right to take his numbers at face value than it is to take the greenies' numbers at face value. As President Reagan put it, trust, but verify.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two wrongs still don't make a right.

He might very well be correct about the costs, but it's no more (or less) right to take his numbers at face value than it is to take the greenies' numbers at face value. As President Reagan put it, trust, but verify.
Oh yes I agree. Sadly everybody does it.
As a young man I knew an old guy who was supposedly a very successful entrepreneur (bootlegger) in his day and he said about business marketing, "If you ain't fooling the American people, you ain't doing nothing."

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may sound absurd to some of y'all, but the best way forward would be to build our houses underground. Natural insulation! Solatubes could provide most of the light during the day. Could have a small bank of solar collectors and an individual windmill for each residence.

:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom