The Criminal Paradigm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally get to respond to a MB post!....yes.... So what do you recommend, get better with your handgun skills or your hand to hand...

Its a combination of both that results in a truly integrated individual. Learning to handle your gun in this environment is not something that many schools teach.

Unfortunately there aren't many doing it right now. There are maybe four or five nationwide doing so.

On the up side, everyone in Oklahoma has someone doing the work in their own backyard.

Michael Brown

RDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

GEORGE ORWELL

Thank you MB!

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

GEORGE ORWELL

Thank you MB!

Unfortunately now instead of rough men, we tend to have agreeable men.

Its not my intention to fear mongor or criticize how law enforcement administrations work, but it is a fact that men like RDS are becoming extinct in law enforcement and that is terribly unfortunate and quite frightening.

We are far more likely to have someone who can explain social theory than someone who can successfully roll in the gutter with a roided out ex-con.

We still get some good ones, but they are the exception not the rule.

You as citizens will be the only ones who can possibly hold the line in the future and you need to be prepared for that.

Honest citizens must re-claim their place as the highest predator on the food chain and there's really only one way to do that: Become a better predator. The fact that our ancestors won this country with blood and sweat does not give the rest of us a ticket to the fat life.

Every day you don't get better is another day you hand to criminals in society.

Michael Brown

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
MB I agree with you. As a trooper I have noticed that our lack of applications have fallen off dramatically. The reason? My personal opinion is we are looking for the "college educated" insted of someone with more real life experience. When I hired on college wasnt a mandatory thing like it is now. And for some reason many under thirty think they should start at the commissioners job and stay there for twenty. I hope this will reverse itself but I dont see that happening and I fear that "demolition man" type scenarios will become far too commonplace.

kgull85

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MB I agree with you. As a trooper I have noticed that our lack of applications have fallen off dramatically. The reason? My personal opinion is we are looking for the "college educated" insted of someone with more real life experience.

I think it's also that LEO's don't get paid enough. In the small town I live in the local police only get paid $10-12/hr. I realize we don't have the high crime rate or a murder every week here, but that is just wrong.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must agree with GlockCop.Nowdays,with our institutions of higher learning being run by liberal elitists,it's very hard to get a person thru one of those universities that have any desire for or a real understanding of "community service".Needless to say any kind of respect for sense of duty to country.
I've never understood the concept of why a degree in Elizabethan poety makes a better cop than a guy who's lets say worked with real people.Is there a real threat from 16th century street gangs that I've not heard about.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought violent crime rates overall were going down?

When politicians refer to violent crime rates going down, they are generally referring to the murder rate.

This completely misrepresents the problem.

Increasing quality of medical care and a number of other factors have kept the murder rate down.

You have to look at the robbery, aggravated assault, and assault rates to get a true picture of violent crime. Those stats go up and down from year to year but when you compare decade to decade, they are waaaaaaay up.

You have to look at the rate at which people are trying to kill or hurt each other to get a real look at the issue.

Plus, what I am referring to is the "type" of crime and defiance that we will see not the numbers.

That will change a lot in the next decade if the new LE paradigm doesn't change.

Michael Brown

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Well said MB!
We will miss the days when good kids wrestled, fought, and in general rough housed for the fun of it. Now we aren't even supposed to spank a kid for fear of damaging his self esteem. You end up with good guys with weak knees, and bad guys that view authority as soft.

Latest posts

Top Bottom