The Criminal Paradigm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Like someone pointed out, we aren't punishing them correctly in the first place. If they get convicted for some violent crime, the punishment should be enough to make them think twice the next time. The thought that I'm paying for criminals to train in MMA when I can't because I'm busy being a good citizen and working, and still can't afford it...

Who the !@#$ @#$% thinks this %^&*( (&*%^@ makes any !@#!@ @$#%^& sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Humane treatment my @ss!! What about how fair the world is to me? I don't see anyone jumping up and down about me having trouble making ends meet, but God help the man who suggests that prisoners not have magazines cable and phys ed!!!!

That about says it... sorry if your speakers don't bleep it out right!

Growing up, my dad used pain when I did something wrong... in the form of a leather belt. I'm better for it. But don't get me wrong, it hurt! He's a great dad, a very loving man, but you didn't mess with the rules. I still wouldn't want him upset at me. He's 50+ and I'm 23 but still. I have a healthy fear of authority, but the way I see some people being raised, they don't. And that leads exactly to what MB is talking about. Good men who are good without having to be physically punished, and bad men who see authority as too weak to make them obey.

Rant off....

swavy00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MB, I always look forward to your posts. Very thought provoking and written with conviction. This post is no different. Awesome post and thank you.

Protect

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's also that LEO's don't get paid enough. In the small town I live in the local police only get paid $10-12/hr. I realize we don't have the high crime rate or a murder every week here, but that is just wrong.

Some security gaurds get paid $30+/hr... It's sad that people out there in harms way are not compensated better than they are.

Michael Brown said:
Honest citizens must re-claim their place as the highest predator on the food chain and there's really only one way to do that: Become a better predator.

It takes a thief...

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When politicians refer to violent crime rates going down, they are generally referring to the murder rate.

This completely misrepresents the problem.

Mike, I was referring to trends observed in the FBI Uniform Crime Report, etc. and trends reported by the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/viort.htm

[Broken External Image]

Now, I am not disagreeing with you as far as trends in police and citizen mindset, and the fact we all need to get off our collective asses more and train. Just throwing some numbers out there for community digestion.

Edit: is it possible the recent downward trend has anything to do with the explosion of concealed carry legislation nationwide? I'd like to think so...we'll need another 20 years of numbers to be sure, though. ;)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's also that LEO's don't get paid enough. In the small town I live in the local police only get paid $10-12/hr. I realize we don't have the high crime rate or a murder every week here, but that is just wrong.

I wish I made 10-12 bucks an hour! I'm not even clearing $9! THAT'S why I have to have 3 jobs!

Now, granted, I don't have NEAR the crime and bullsh!t that MB or Glockcop or other LEOs have to deal with, but obviously I have enough or I wouldn't hafta tote an iron on my hip!

Good post MB!

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very good post MB.. your post has really got me thinking about that and you're are right! 10 years from now, we could be in a world of hurt.. :nolike:

i'll tell you the ONLY reason why i got CLEET certified as an armed guard is because its hard for me to get a degree now.. i've been out of school for so long and would not be able to afford it nor have time for it! i want to be a peace officer and i want to help the community and i want to fight crime, but the way things are now, they want you to have a AA/BA to even break the ice on qualifications! alot of "us" cant do it even if we wanted to.. i'd do it for free too! i want to be a reserve officer, but i guess i dont qualify???

this is my way of trying to do what i can..

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turbo,
Look at small departments to start. You don't need a college degree to reserve.
Most chief's in my county don't have degree's. Some are working on them. Most small town's are looking for free help.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's really sad that the world has taken the turn for the worst as it has. The ugly truth of it is, the days of the cops carrying the .38 caliber revolver and the leaded, leather sap, chasing mindless thugs are indeed history. Hell...even just 18 VERY SHORT years ago when I started this crazy profession, the absolute WORST thing I usually encountered on the street was a drunk getting sideways with me!

But...times have changed and what's happened has happened. And unfortunately...that's the world we live in now.

It's all about training. Instead of buying the next blaster on your list, I challenge EVERYONE to use that money towards some type of REALISTIC training. Punching holes in paper just doesn't cut it anymore.

Are you ready?

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Turbo,
Look at small departments to start. You don't need a college degree to reserve.
Most chief's in my county don't have degree's. Some are working on them. Most small town's are looking for free help.

i've tried some small towns.. free help usually isnt free anymore.. TPD requires an AA for reserve.. owasso requires 1yr college.. i would love to give free help on the days that i can to any department close to tulsa...

Latest posts

Top Bottom