The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found out late yesterday evening my nephew (51) has blood clots in one lung and is having trouble breathing.

I'd appreciate if y'all would remember him. And of course, please remember Sweetie and myself.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

Just got a text from the nephew a little while ago, now they think his heart may be an issue too.

His Dad died at 41 of a massive heart attack. :/

So if you have a pulmonary embolus, it is not surprising at all that this would cause an elevation of troponin in the blood, but doesn't necessarily mean 'heart attack'. Troponin is a protein found in the blood when heart muscle is damaged. Sometimes some strain on the heart, runaway rapid heartbeat, etc., can cause this, but even lung problems (again, like a PE or even pneumonia) can cause this.

Don't worry overmuch, it does depend on how high the level is, but it may mean nothing, really.

Praying for him and you, though.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel very selfish and will probably hate myself for making this post, but I have an operation coming up this next week that has me very nervous and I would appreciate any good vibes, prayers...whatever I can get.

You got it, buddy! Nothing selfish about it! Our thoughts and prayers will be with you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom