The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My prayers normally start with gratitude and ends with asking the lord to help the wife and I and our business. As a small business owner, we had to shut down for 4 1/2 months this year. We are just now back to about 40 percent. It’s been a rough year but luckily we are pretty good with our money and lots of prayers, we are making it. Thank you lord

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Bible says, "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints."

Thanks for sharing this - this is really a comfort to me right now.

My prayers normally start with gratitude and ends with asking the lord to help the wife and I and our business. As a small business owner, we had to shut down for 4 1/2 months this year. We are just now back to about 40 percent. It’s been a rough year but luckily we are pretty good with our money and lots of prayers, we are making it. Thank you lord

I know exactly what you mean. I mentioned having prayers sent to my text multiple times a day, I got these from a website that was about growing your business in a Godly way. They are short and to the point, but each of them asks God to bless my business and help me direct it in a Godly manner and submit my business to His will.

It HAS been a tough year. Things have rebounded a good bit for me lately, but it comes at a price.

I told my son during one of our family discussions the other night, it was important for him to realize, when you ask God to bless you, to help you meet obligations or make more money or bless your business or whatever - it seems (from my life) He doesn't just have someone show up like Ed McMahon with a check at the door to solve all your money woes. Most times, it seems He will open some doors and provide opportunity for you to EARN more, but it means you are going to have to EARN it. Like maybe stepping out on faith in a new direction, a new job, or extra shifts/extra hours to make some overtime, in some cases may mean a sacrifice like traveling. But it is worth it. He has always responded, though not usually as we expected.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this - this is really a comfort to me right now.

I know exactly what you mean. I mentioned having prayers sent to my text multiple times a day, I got these from a website that was about growing your business in a Godly way. They are short and to the point, but each of them asks God to bless my business and help me direct it in a Godly manner and submit my business to His will.

It HAS been a tough year. Things have rebounded a good bit for me lately, but it comes at a price.

I told my son during one of our family discussions the other night, it was important for him to realize, when you ask God to bless you, to help you meet obligations or make more money or bless your business or whatever - it seems (from my life) He doesn't just have someone show up like Ed McMahon with a check at the door to solve all your money woes. Most times, it seems He will open some doors and provide opportunity for you to EARN more, but it means you are going to have to EARN it. Like maybe stepping out on faith in a new direction, a new job, or extra shifts/extra hours to make some overtime, in some cases may mean a sacrifice like traveling. But it is worth it. He has always responded, though not usually as we expected.
I totally agree and Amen to that.
I know my business will rebound eventually. My wife and I have talked and agree that if it doesn’t, we will close down and move up here to Grand Lake permanently. Luckily we have great neighbors up here and they have kept me very busy building and staining decks, installing boat lifts and others odd jobs. They have been a blessing. Now they want me to manage the maintenance department here. Lol So that could be my future who knows. God works on mysterious ways.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would appreciate just a quick prayer this morning. I have to work the weekend clinic today and every Sat for the last month it has been crazy. Not looking forward to it.

I've come in to help my partners the last 2 weeks, but I don't know if anyone is coming to help me or not. I guess we'll see. I didn't get a firm answer from anyone, but I know 3 of the 5 are out of town. So... I'm not gonna hold my breath. lol

<edit> Anyone got anything they need prayer for today?

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would appreciate just a quick prayer this morning. I have to work the weekend clinic today and every Sat for the last month it has been crazy. Not looking forward to it.

I've come in to help my partners the last 2 weeks, but I don't know if anyone is coming to help me or not. I guess we'll see. I didn't get a firm answer from anyone, but I know 3 of the 5 are out of town. So... I'm not gonna hold my breath. lol

you and others like you are saving us from ourselves Merry Christmas!!!.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Prayers brother, hope you get some relief soon.
Merry Christmas!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C6954D07-2CB3-4A65-8834-D8F3C542C410.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom