The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I to have lost a great friend , my wife of 13 years to Covid-19 , it just happened to soon and I as of many thought this won't happen to me , I fought it along with her and she didn't make it , and I wonder so many times why it wasn't me , the Lord has been so good to me and has seen me through this tough time , I've had to move twice since the incident and for the first time in my life I have been without a vehicle , I do have a roof over my head and food to eat so I will never complain about not having anything , I sit alone slot and wonder what tomorrow will bring and what will be thrown my way , still some things have to be conquered and you know it's not in my hands but GOD'S hands , I don't have to worry no matter what , it's what makes a person stronger , and wiser , I opened 2 gifts this morning they were my eyes and GOD is in control .

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Steve B. - I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. As tRidiot said, just reach out if you need anything. There are many great people here on OSA who live near you and would be glad to help. Hang in there.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not very religious, but my wife (friend 35+ years, wife 1.5 years.) might have pancreatic cancer.
I'm going to pray for her.... I lost my father in 1993 to pancreatic cancer.....He went from active and healthy to his passing in 7 short months....I'll pray for you too brother

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I to have lost a great friend , my wife of 13 years to Covid-19 , it just happened to soon and I as of many thought this won't happen to me , I fought it along with her and she didn't make it , and I wonder so many times why it wasn't me , the Lord has been so good to me and has seen me through this tough time , I've had to move twice since the incident and for the first time in my life I have been without a vehicle , I do have a roof over my head and food to eat so I will never complain about not having anything , I sit alone slot and wonder what tomorrow will bring and what will be thrown my way , still some things have to be conquered and you know it's not in my hands but GOD'S hands , I don't have to worry no matter what , it's what makes a person stronger , and wiser , I opened 2 gifts this morning they were my eyes and GOD is in control .
I'm praying for you brother...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-5-10_9-37-42.jpeg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please remember my sweet wife (me as well, but mostly her).

Sadly, I've had to take her teeth away.

She's been chewing on her tongue for a few days, so we started removing her teeth after supper, but that didn't really help much. Yesterday I didn't put them in until just before supper, and she kept trying to chew her tongue along with the food. We finally got through the meal, and she immediately began chewing on her tongue again.

It breaks my heart, because eating solid food was one of the few pleasures she had left (she dearly loves cookies). I'm doing the best I can for her with soft foods, but I know it's not the same. Then again, I'm not sure she even realizes anything has changed.

Alzheimer's is a horribly cruel disease. :/

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this. Both of you remain in our prayers. I have had two very good friends attacked by Alzheimer's, and it is so hard to watch, I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you. We are all here for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom