The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-6-3_19-5-5.jpeg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... when it rains, it sometimes pours. :/

One of the girls that helps with Sweetie (for a year now) is a cancer survivor. And she's actually a survivor of much more.

She was in a car accident when she was 6, her back was broken, and she wasn't able to walk again until she was 12. She said they actually didn't think she'd ever walk again.

She got brain cancer in her 20s, including a tumor on her optic nerve. After surgery (they were able to preserve her sight), she was eventually declared cancer free. They still monitor her condition every few months. EDIT: This is incorrect - it's been a year since her last PET scan (after a few years of remission, they extended time between checkups). However, it seems that brain cancer is often a recurring thing.

Some of you may remember that she broke her foot a couple months ago. And I may have mentioned that she's pretty much a member of our family now.

Anywho...

She had a suspicious PET scan a couple week ago. Today she had an MRI and they confirmed her brain cancer is back again. They think 6 weeks of chemo should take care of it. If not, they'll try surgery again.

She's 33 and married with two kids (9 & 12).

Please remember her in your prayers.
Update on this girl that helps with Sweetie:

She's about halfway through the 6-week chemo schedule, but it's taking a toll. She's become so weak that she can't walk. I'm no expert, but this doesn't sound like good news to me.

Y'all please remember her in prayer, her name is Jeanne (pronounced "Jeannie").

Thanks.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

She's about halfway through the 6-week chemo schedule, but it's taking a toll. She's become so weak that she can't walk. I'm no expert, but this doesn't sound like good news to me.

Thanks.

You got it, Mac!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks.
Well, I have more news. :/

Her Mom emailed me this morning, and said Jeanne is in a "long sleep" and won't wake up. Apparently it's not exactly a coma, and the doctor said it could be a sign that her brain is trying to heal, but her Mom asked for prayer that she will wake up.

Again, y'all please remember her in prayer.

@tRidiot, if you could comment on this situation, I'd appreciate it. It don't sound so good to me.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom