The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking forward to this evening. A group of us guys get together for what we call our Back Porch group. We do some Bible study, ceegars and bourbon. :D Yeah, that's my kinda group!

Anyways, I stopped going in Sept after I got quarantined and basically haven't been back since. Now I had COVID over Thanksgiving, so I'm not really at (as much?) risk. We're getting together tonight with our families, looks like maybe 15 or so of us.

I've got a pork butt and a month-aged Prime brisket on the smoker, looking forward to some fellowship and hanging out with friends for the first time in quite a while.

W00T!
That sucks having Covid over TG. How did your planned TG go? Or did you find out you had it and cancelled?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just did me, The Wife and The Boy for Turkey Day. I didn't find out it was COVID I had until the next week when I checked antibodies.

We told my mom and step-dad the same rules apply for Christmas/Christmas Eve, but they haven't replied, so I don't know if they're going to bother coming or not.

It's pretty simple, essentially don't be in contact, don't be touching your face, use sanitizer and wash your hands and stay out of the kitchen and don't bring food, as we will provide it all. If that's too much, well, screw it, we will celebrate with just our household.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you want him to wait on your hand and foot. Sounds painful.

Lol ... I know this is gonna sound corny but when I first got home from the hospital (and the power was still out) he would MAKE me sit in his recliner next to the fireplace, bring me a cup of hot tea and tuck the blanket in around my feet -- right before he medicated me into oblivion. Haha! Then he would help me get out of that blankety-blank-blank-blank brace and it felt SO GOOD. I was ruint after that!

Don't tell him I said this but he's a good man. He took really good care of me and I will spend the rest of my life repaying him for doing all the things he did for me. Like keeping my critters taken care of. Cuz I'm pretty sure he never planned on having to do ANY of the stuff he's done over the last couple of months. He's definitely a keeper! ;)

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so much of this year:

James 1:2

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walk with us and teach us your way Lord.
We need your guidance and your comfort.
Give us wisdom to cope with shifting circumstances
Remind us that you never change and are always our firm foundation.
Thank you for your great love and provenance in giving us your Son.
Help us to love as you love.

Latest posts

Top Bottom