The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife says they are doing ok, the guy is still in ICU, wife is not. They have NOT had a good experience.

They're actually in St. Francis as they went there - they did not want to go to our local hospital. They may be rethinking that now - apparently she says they have a ton of nurses who have come in from out of state and are NOT local and obviously not friendly Okies. They have been very short, not nice, caring or compassionate and are obviously overworked and burned out. That was her assessment.

They went in before noon on Friday, Christmas Day. They were admitted mid-afternoon and in spite being told they would get them some dinner, they never got anything on Friday evening to eat. She says she asked for some aspirin yesterday, they said they would look into it, never brought her anything. She says she got her 'breakfast' this morning after 11AM.

I'm not making any judgements, I know everyone is stressed, everyone is overworked and I know I have one of my patients who is an ICU nurse at St. Francis - I've heard the stories and tried to help them work through some issues. It's been a nightmare year for healthcare workers, especially those in the hospitals, and for everyone else, too. I'm just passing along the info.

BTW, the husband was apparently on the phone with his boss who works at a major corporation here in town on Saturday and he was asking if he was going to be coming in to work on Monday - ummm... I'm in the hospital with COVID, dude! Same corp I know told one guy to come back to work after 2 positive rapid tests, then the send out test came back negative. He had fever, loss of taste, etc. They told him, "Well, we go by the send out test, you are cleared to come back to work." Fecking morons. Luckily he listened to me and didn't go back to spread it to others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, the husband was apparently on the phone with his boss who works at a major corporation here in town on Saturday and he was asking if he was going to be coming in to work on Monday - ummm... I'm in the hospital with COVID, dude! Same corp I know told one guy to come back to work after 2 positive rapid tests, then the send out test came back negative. He had fever, loss of taste, etc. They told him, "Well, we go by the send out test, you are cleared to come back to work." Fecking morons. Luckily he listened to me and didn't go back to spread it to others.
I've worked for bosses like that.
Saving a nickel would wind up costing them thousands of dollars but they would defend their stupidity to the bitter end.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worked for bosses like that.
Saving a nickel would wind up costing them thousands of dollars but they would defend their stupidity to the bitter end.

Another reason I left the ER and corporate world....

They'll work you to death, and when you die, they'll have a replacement next week.

They ain't looking out for your best interests.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This morning there is a Celebration of Life for my favorite cousin. Two weeks ago, she had a brain aneurysm and never regained consciousness. She was an organ donor, and not only in my heart, but now in the lives of at least four recipients, she lives on.

This has been a year of loss for so many folks, in so many ways, but we have the promises of God, that He holds our lives, and had plans for our lives, not to harm us but plans for good, to give us a future and a hope. We can claim that promise and move into this coming year, knowing that 2020 is behind us and we have a future...
I prayed for you and your family. I hope that y’all can move past this as easily as possible. It makes me smile knowing the lives that she is positively affecting even after she is gone. Jesus said there is no greater gift than to lay down your life for a friend. I know she didn’t die for those people but she did possibly save their lives. What an amazing thing to do. We ( I included) don’t pay much attention to being an organ donor and how important it is.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Freedom Lovers Pray.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cousin just OD’d after relapsing. He was doing really good and was running a business here in Shawnee. I just can’t believe it. He was able to walk the straight and narrow for a while but in the end that crap won. He suffered brain damage and passed. My uncle has lost both his sons unfortunately. If y’all would please pray for the entire Shirey family I would appreciate it.

Also, my dad has had Covid and pneumonia but has done a little better thankfully. Please pray that he is able to beat it and be fine. His name is Lynn. Now I think my wife may have it. She is really sick and has many of the symptoms. Please pray for her also. Her name is Jennifer. Thanks.

Damn. I hope your uncle can find some peace somehow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom