The Daily Prayer Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://patriotpost.us/articles/798...-have-that-colin-kaepernick-doesnt-2021-05-15
01F5NZE0XZ0HWYHW34WVZKX8HY.jpeg

What Does Tim Tebow Have That Colin Kaepernick Doesn’t?
One quarterback can unify people around faith, while the other lives to divide by race.
PATRICK HAMPTON
MAY 15, 2021

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... when it rains, it sometimes pours. :/

One of the girls that helps with Sweetie (for a year now) is a cancer survivor. And she's actually a survivor of much more.

She was in a car accident when she was 6, her back was broken, and she wasn't able to walk again until she was 12. She said they actually didn't think she'd ever walk again.

She got brain cancer in her 20s, including a tumor on her optic nerve. After surgery (they were able to preserve her sight), she was eventually declared cancer free. They still monitor her condition every few months. EDIT: This is incorrect - it's been a year since her last PET scan (after a few years of remission, they extended time between checkups). However, it seems that brain cancer is often a recurring thing.

Some of you may remember that she broke her foot a couple months ago. And I may have mentioned that she's pretty much a member of our family now.

Anywho...

She had a suspicious PET scan a couple week ago. Today she had an MRI and they confirmed her brain cancer is back again. They think 6 weeks of chemo should take care of it. If not, they'll try surgery again.

She's 33 and married with two kids (9 & 12).

Please remember her in your prayers.

Last edited:

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

One of the girls that helps with Sweetie (for over a year now) is a cancer survivor. And she's actually a survivor of much more.

She was in a car accident when she was 6, her back was broken, and she wasn't able to walk again until she was 12. She said they actually didn't think she'd ever walk again.

She got brain cancer in her 20s, including a tumor on her optic nerve. After surgery (they were able to preserve her sight), she was eventually declared cancer free. They still monitor her condition every few months (it seems brain cancer is often a recurring thing).

Some of you may remember that she broke her foot a couple months ago. And I may have mentioned that she's pretty much a member of our family now.

Anywho...

She had an MRI a couple week ago, and today, she got word that her brain cancer is back again. They think 6 weeks of chemo should take care of it. If not, they'll try surgery again.

Will do and keep her in prayer too

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

One of the girls that helps with Sweetie (for over a year now) is a cancer survivor. And she's actually a survivor of much more.

She got brain cancer in her 20s, including a tumor on her optic nerve. After surgery (they were able to preserve her sight), she was eventually declared cancer free. They still monitor her condition every few months (it seems brain cancer is often a recurring thing).

Anywho...

She had an MRI a couple week ago, and today, she got word that her brain cancer is back again. They think 6 weeks of chemo should take care of it. If not, they'll try surgery again.

You got it, Mac. Prayers for her, and Sweetie, and you. A big load to carry for all of you.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Anywho...

I'll pray for her and her family....she's really had a tough road to travel.....

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please remember that God always answer prayers, sometimes yes and other times no. He is all mowing and he knows what is best for us as a wise Father does. I have had many "no's" over he years and some "yes'" as well. I lost a loved one and I prayed that she would recover but God took her home and I thanked God that she was pain and disease-free beside her bed after she expired. God knows our every thought and need and will wisely and knowingly provide what is best for us. To those who request prayer, I urge you also to pray for your present need as we pray for your need as well. May God give you the peace you need during this present time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom