The Danger of De-Hydration and what you really need to understand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do all my own yard work and trust me i have a big back yard, in the summer i take a few breaks with a few sips of water but many time even then i don't seem or feel right.

Never seemed to bother me maybe 25 years ago but now at 84 it does, i admit i did not understand i really needed more the a little water.

Many times i am behind the back fence if i should passout i would be laying there till dead.

The Article was good for me to read, hope it helps other forum members.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys who are only drinking more water are missing part of the picture. Hydration has a chemical component which is why Gatorade and Pedialyte both have sugar AND salt.

If you are going to be in a situation where you are perspiring more, and hydration is important, go for a sports drink (even the sugar free ones are fine). You can even blend your own "sports drink powder" at home and make custom flavors.

I learned this the hard way when I did some outdoor labor in July one year and only drank gallons of ice water. By the end of the day it felt like my brain was swollen because I had lost too much salt. (I had skipped breakfast and lunch because it was a really busy day)
Yeah, I keep little packets of electrolytes in my sling bag that goes everywhere with me. Typically, I dont need to add any sugar because I pack some fruit and/or energy bars if Im gonna be working outside all day. I fill up a 1 gallon jug every morning and drink that and a pot of coffee every day. Sometimes on the weekend I only have 2 cups of coffee each day if I get busy and forget about it.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I eat 2 bananas on average a day and never lacking in the salt department.
Many times my black shirt is soaked when working outside and you can see the salt stains.

Only 1 time have I ever got cramped up out in the heat but it was just 1 arm that was working this
60cc 17+ lb 20" bar McCulloch chain saw while up in a big pine for almost 2 hours.

I think it was the saw.
I sure like my MS250 and the 18" bar when working up in a tree.
When i received my Stimulus money i thought don't need any more firearms hardly shoot the ones i now have, what do i really need or want answer was a Chainsaw i could fine use for a Chainsaw.

Well first my local lawnmower repair shop used for around 40 years, there a STIHL Dealer the man who has done the repair i can't on my mowers, said you need a Stihl 311 and the one he let me see it did not have the easy start item, not a big deal until you want to get it started.

Bought it with a 18 inch bar later picked up a 16 inch bar a better choice for a 311 you learn as you use a Chainsaw.

Well like firearms you just can't have one chainsaw when again i was at my local STIHL Dealer picking up a back up chain and a some chain sharping tools, lots of fun doing your own chain sharping gives one something to do in their spair LIFE time.

There on the shelf sat a sweet Stihl CM261 and it had a little De-Comp button, with a 18 inch bar, just heard it say Helllo friend take me home and it came home with me.

Well finding room in garage for my new Chainsaws and a place to do the chain sharping took some doing.

Attachments

• The Saw work bench 01292021.jpg.jpeg
    The Saw work bench 01292021.jpg.jpeg
    615 KB · Views: 0
  • Chain Sharping.jpg.jpeg
    Chain Sharping.jpg.jpeg
    962 KB · Views: 0
  • Stihl Saws 11162021.jpg.jpeg
    Stihl Saws 11162021.jpg.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 0

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t drink much water and I had some lab tests done and the Dr said I was insulting my kidneys. I started drinking more water and urinating more but fell back into my old ways of not drinking enough water so I have to change that. I read recently that not drinking enough water can create heart problems.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coffee and tea are diuretics and will dehydrate you faster. The army always gave us salt pills and a water buffalo. Anyone caught without at least one of the two canteens we had to carry with us that had less than one canteen cup in it had to hump water for the squad during breaks. After the break you had better have two brim full canteens.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep these around in the Summer for when I’m working out in the heat around the property. Easy to drop in a water bottle & mix up. Plus, I don’t like Gatorade & Gatorade knockoffs. This stuff is better & probably cheaper. I’ve not done a full cost analysis, cause I’m not drinking Gatorade, so it don’t matter.

Attachments

• 38DAA6CD-ED2F-46C0-BFAE-F0838403B779.png
    38DAA6CD-ED2F-46C0-BFAE-F0838403B779.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom