The demise of Amy Winehouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh.

[Broken External Image]

I can't believe anyone would put her in the same class as Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison and Cobain.

And what class would that be beside tragic burn-out druggies who threw their own lives and talent away?
Their "music" quality is certainly a personal call and I only think one of the four you mentioned is worth more than a footnote in even pop-music history (which itself isn't very important)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the tail end of a news bit talking about her and said facetiously out loud "Did she die or something?". I was not being serious, but it's no surprise she did.

Personally I was not a fan of her work.

She should have said yes, yes, yes.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is sad news to me, but then I spent 10 years getting my sister off of meth. I have seen first hand, how easy it is to get hooked, and how hard it is to get off of it. Thank God, My sister is clean now.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't have to have her "iconic" status fed to us like we did with Cobain. I was always annoyed with how great Nirvana supposedly was a week after Cobain killed himself. I kept hearing this "voice of a generation" label being tied to him & it was BS. There was the same group of grunge kids in every school that dug him aside from that I didn't know ANYONE that was that big into Nirvana. I still think if Eddie V. or Chris Cornell had killed themselves Pearl Jam or Soundgarden would now be viewed exactly as Nirvana is.

Deal is, Winehouse was no where near as talented as Nirvana so I'll be even less impressed when they tell us how great she was. Hopefully focus on the fact that she was someone blessed with the opportunity of a lifetime but was never able to capitalize on it because she couldn't get clean. Hopefully her example inspires someone else to kick to the habit.

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't have to have her "ironic" status fed to us like we did with Cobain. I was always annoyed with how great Nirvana supposedly was a week after Cobain killed himself. I kept hearing this "voice of a generation" label being tied to him & it was BS. There was the same group of grunge kids in every school that dug him aside from that I didn't know ANYONE that was that big into Nirvana. I still think if Eddie V. or Chris Cornell had killed themselves Pearl Jam or Soundgarden would now be viewed exactly as Nirvana is.

Deal is, Winehouse was no where near as talented as Nirvana so I'll be even less impressed when they tell us how great she was. Hopefully focus on the fact that she was someone blessed with the opportunity of a lifetime but was never able to capitalize on it because she couldn't get clean. Hopefully her example inspires someone else to kick to the habit.

I have to disagree with this. I remember when I first heard Nirvana. Cobain was very much alive. I new that they were something big. She was no Cobain. I do agree with that, but I hate to see anyone die from drugs. Its a sad and lonely way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom