The demise of the dollar? Reserve currencies in the era of ‘going big’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a link to the entire article:
https://www.ft.com/content/408d4065-f66d-4368-9095-c6a8743b0d01

Billionaire US fund manager Stanley Druckenmiller delivered an apocalyptic warning earlier this month that the dollar could cease to be the predominant global reserve currency within 15 years. “I can’t find any period in history where monetary and fiscal policy were this out of step with the economic circumstances,” the chief executive of Duquesne Family Office declared. He is not alone in expressing concerns about excess US demand, a more inflationary environment and accompanying dollar weakness. Such worries have been a contributory factor in the jittery equity markets of the past two weeks.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's pray that this doesn't happen...It would be the end of the American dream and I believe that the USA could end up in an economic down turn that would end up leaving us like a third world country....Hard to believe but very possible.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
russia is building a second pipeline to europe. iran is selling oil black market. won't be long before the world replaces the dollar with a basket of currency and we are toast. i doubt it will take 15 years but who knows. the only thing we have to insure dominance is our new female and trans generals with a purged military. all according to plan. the fox is in the hen house.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
russia is building a second pipeline to europe. iran is selling oil black market. won't be long before the world replaces the dollar with a basket of currency and we are toast. i doubt it will take 15 years but who knows. the only thing we have to insure dominance is our new female and trans generals with a purged military. all according to plan. the fox is in the hen house.
Right on target cowadle....

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Are you thinking longer than 15 years? I would tend to agree, but I also don't see another singular european countries currency replacing USD. I could see something like the euro or another "coalition" currency taking over. But at the same time, the dollar has been worth less than the euro for many years now...

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you thinking longer than 15 years? I would tend to agree, but I also don't see another singular european countries currency replacing USD. I could see something like the euro or another "coalition" currency taking over. But at the same time, the dollar has been worth less than the euro for many years now...
I believe that a basket of currencies will take over (several nations currencies like Russia, Japan, China)

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's coming....so is the third world. ....look at the boarder, think those people will live the American dream when it crashes ?...They'll show US how to live in a third world nation....

Remember ...only you can stop climate change .....by voting democrat and some taxes on the side, for mother nature of course .

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I have to wonder if that wouldn’t be a net benefit to us and mankind?
In my estimation the US has become the world leader in promoting degeneracy at the point of economic sanctions.
We’re the biggest and bestest, so we force other nations to do things they wouldn’t normally do by basically extorting them.
So no more US dollar means no more US subversion of sovereign nations and peoples.

It would likely suck here but who for? Most of us out here are practicing various degrees of self reliance, it’s the city folk who would die off. Cities across the country are where our own internal degenerate movements and economic extortion come from. Places like the Central Valley in California are extremely right wing traditional places BUT they are outvoted by city people, so less city people would be better for those more traditional peoples.

It would be bad of course but there is an argument that we as a country need a complete blank slate reset, and losing our dominant status may do that for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom