1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The DPMS kitty-kat or simuliar...

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Big Bad Wolf, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Sharpshooter

Looking for a SBR kinda like the DPMS Kitty-Kat. Only difference is Have a flattop without the traditional 'A' frame gas block. No more then an 8 inch barrel and free floated. Probably with either Eotech or aimpoint for optics. And most likely with suppressor added. Anyone know about either the DPMS 'Kat' or comparable system? Would like to get this order going asap.

2. Big Bad Wolf

And this would be my first class 3 type system too

3. RustyZX9

RustyZX9 Sharpshooter

talk to the guys at MAS Gunworks. They'll be able to help you out.

4. Big Bad Wolf

They in the metro area? One added thought was about full auto BUT due cost involved and the fact that I'm footing this bill, don't think it's an option. Total budget is ball park $2500-$3K. With optics inc...

5. ranger216

ranger216 Sharpshooter

When you talk to the professionals, make sure you tell them about adding the can, and ask them a bullet strikes.

6. Big Bad Wolf

What's with 'bullet strikes' ? The bullet hitting the inside of the can? Can just imagine the self correcting problem that would be. Lol

7. 264Magnum

264Magnum Sharpshooter

To my knowledge, none of the suppressor manufacturers will honor the warranty if you use it on a 7.5" barrel.

$3,000 is a lot of money to spend on an AR. I've got less than that in my 7.5" gun and I spared no expenses in making it.

8. Josh-L

Josh-L Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Full auto is running $12k plus. Cans on anything less then 10.5 is a no go. Even if you don't have a baffle strike it will need to be rebuilt after 5k or less rounds. There really is no benefit to going shorter then a carbne gas system. If your goal is short and suppressed then 9mm is the way to go. If I had to do it over again I doubt I would get a 556 can unless I already had a pistol can.

9. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Better get you Form 1 going ASAP. If you submit it now you should have it back by Thanksgiving. NFA Branch approvals/transfers are running about 3-4 months now.

10. USMG

USMG Marksman

SBR- If you cant find a short barrel, we can cut one down and do the gas port as well from $50. and up depending on what you want. One of the above post is corrects, in that if you add a suppressor, most if not every manufacturer wont warranty if you put it on a barrel less than 10.5" or 11".