The Dreaded SPROING!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a cool little telescoping rod with a strong magnet on the end, that came to live with me after the requisite number of lost springs and pins. Probably my most often used tools these days.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Tractor Supply sells a magnet that is about 4 inches in diameter. Tie a string to it and mine your carpet. I was amazed at how many springs, detects and other stuff I found in the carpet.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you beat, decided to change springs in my colt anaconda. The insides launched when the side plate came off. Couldn’t find any pics or diagrams on how it was supposed to go back together. I’d try it about once a month. Finally figured out the problem was the one piece, a spring, that stayed in place and didn’t launch. No idea how it ever worked.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep meaning to buy a good sized magnet that I can use just for this exact thing. All I have a is a pen magnet though, and it's the size of a pencil eraser.

Here ya go! Ever since I got this finding parts on the floor is simple. On sale at your local Lowe’s.
Telescopic handle allows searches without getting on the floor and the head swivels.
It’s also highly useful when recovering cheap shotshells at the trap range after a shooting session.
AA hulls don’t pick us as easily as other brands though.

IMG_2497.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen with a spring on a Beretta 92. At the time, the only way I could find to get a replacement in a timely manner was to order a set of Wolff springs for it. Not five minutes after the order had been processed I found that damn spring. I almost threw it out the door on principle, but I ended up putting it back in the gun just sos it'd work if I needed it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom