The end of the AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it the end of the AK-47 in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 61 87.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AK! AR is for girlie men. :P
No, takes a real man to take an AR apart and put it together again. But I love the AK's for the simplicity of taking it apart to clean or whatever. Personally we should have went with the AR18. Just think what the AR18 and AR180 could have morphed into by now and then there is the FNFNC. A little heavy but far better than lugging around a M14.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, takes a real man to take an AR apart and put it together again. But I love the AK's for the simplicity of taking it apart to clean or whatever. Personally we should have went with the AR18. Just think what the AR18 and AR180 could have morphed into by now and then there is the FNFNC. A little heavy but far better than lugging around a M14.
My favorite battle rifle, well that I have handled and shot, was a FN49 in 7mm. I like the G-3 too but the old SAFN was just classic. To bad the US did not adopt it.

The US probably would have been better off with a scaled down M-14 in a short 7mm round but they wanted something that was easy to shoot and that ammo was light enough so that the city boys had a chance of hitting something. To bad the early ones were crap on a cracker. The new versions may be better but I know a lot of old vets that hate it. Myself included.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a good gun designed well for the people using it...

...goes bang when you pull trigger ...works when abused....what more could you want,...

..or a peed off wife with a claw hammer and mean dog.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, I said I don't have an AK now. Not true. I forgot I "inherited" one when I remarried last November.

It's a NDS built AK-74 and 7 or 8 hundred rounds of ammo. So there is an AK in my safe. I've not shot it yet.

Duh... And I was just talking about this AK a few days ago and totally forgot about it.

CRS disease kicks in every so often...
How about letting me “inherit” that firearm from you?!

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didnt Steve Largent have a company in midwest city or dell city making top grade ak 47's before he was a congress critter. Anyone know if they are still in business. Handled one of years ago nicely made ak

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didnt Steve Largent have a company in midwest city or dell city making top grade ak 47's before he was a congress critter. Anyone know if they are still in business. Handled one of years ago nicely made ak
I think you must be thinking of someone else. Largent played football until 1989, was a marketing consultant for Sara Lee until he was elected to Congress in 1994. if he had any affiliation with a company making AK's I can't find any info online about it, but maybe he was a part owner or something? I dunno, it doesn't come up anywhere, and I don't remember it....

Latest posts

Top Bottom