The Expanse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know there are some sci-fi fans out here, so I'm surprised this hasn't gotten much mention, but the latest season of The Expanse just dropped on Amazon Prime Video yesterday, all in one fell swoop. (Amazon rescued it after SyFy discovered that it was actual sci-fi, not rasslin' nor ghosts, and canceled it, so don't expect to find it on any other services.)

It appears to be based on Cibola Burn, the fourth novel in the series. I want to see how they handle some of the stuff in the novel, like the opening for the Investigator chapters (It reaches out it reaches out it reaches out it reaches out— One hundred and thirteen times a second, nothing answers and it reaches out.) and the machinery described on Ilus.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I just don't get why this show is popular. I have watched it all including what has dropped for season 5 so far and it is just barely watchable for me. I guess that just confirms that I'm not a big sci-fi fan.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've enjoyed it. If I remember right, 1st 3 eps have dropped on Amazon.com a few days ago. Also s4 has been released on bluray/DVD at the same time.

I've always been a fan of "future earth" scifi so long as it comes off as realistic and relatable. Its a good story if you can get past the the slow pace.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Tried the Expanse.... slow, Tried Star Trek Discovery and tried to like it , the Director , Jonathan Frakes is way too in touch with his "feelings" . Every episode has 1-3 scenes where everybody is having a life or death struggle while the main character and who ever else is in the scene have these long meaningful tear filled "moments". Soap operas are not for me lol.

Now the Mandalorian I can enjoy, blow some stuff up , shoot some bad guys who really need it and throw in a few laughs!! Most of the new Star Wars stuff I can take or leave but the Mandalorian space western is enjoyable for me.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried the Expanse.... slow, Tried Star Trek Discovery and tried to like it , the Director , Jonathan Frakes is way too in touch with his "feelings" . Every episode has 1-3 scenes where everybody is having a life or death struggle while the main character and who ever else is in the scene have these long meaningful tear filled "moments". Soap operas are not for me lol.

Now the Mandalorian I can enjoy, blow some stuff up , shoot some bad guys who really need it and throw in a few laughs!! Most of the new Star Wars stuff I can take or leave but the Mandalorian space western is enjoyable for me.

I've been wondering if I would enjoy The Mandalorian. I hear a lot of people rave about it. It probably doesn't matter because I doubt it will ever be on Prime or on antenna TV. [emoji16]

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wondering if I would enjoy The Mandalorian. I hear a lot of people rave about it. It probably doesn't matter because I doubt it will ever be on Prime or on antenna TV. [emoji16]

I have not looked but you may be able to add the Disney channel to Prime, you can get everything else on Amazon LOL.

Edit, just looked does not seem you can get it from Prime, I have Roku and you can add it there.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't get why this show is popular. I have watched it all including what has dropped for season 5 so far and it is just barely watchable for me. I guess that just confirms that I'm not a big sci-fi fan.

I just about gave up on it after Sci-Fi canceled it but gave it another shot after it was on Amazon. Glad I did. I really like it. I need to watch season 5.

Latest posts

Top Bottom