The financial state of 53 restaurants.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quizno’s going bankrupt? You don’t say! I guess using large rats in ads for food was, and still is, a terrible idea.
Most of those restaurants are going broke because they got bought by larger food companies, cheapened their food quality, let service and cleanliness lapse and just generally suck!

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't speak for most of these places, but a couple of weeks ago I stopped by Red Robin on 71st in Tulsa. The wait staff acted like it was an imposition for them to be there and, after I had waited for some time (for my waiter who said he'd be right there), I decided to leave.

The place was mostly empty anyway. I guess that should have been my clue in the first place.

I won't be back.

As for the other places on your list, I see a lot of reasons that have to do with poor fiscal management, bad expansion decisions (Starbucks), etc.

All in all, the food industry is perhaps the least forgiving. Restaurants tend to fail at a higher rate than other businesses.

It's market economics. Capitalism favors efficient operators. If an operation isn't efficient, it's supposed to close to allow efficient operations to rise to the top.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quizno’s going bankrupt? You don’t say! I guess using large rats in ads for food was, and still is, a terrible idea.
Most of those restaurants are going broke because they got bought by larger food companies, cheapened their food quality, let service and cleanliness lapse and just generally suck!
We here in the country do not eat out much, But, we have tasted the cheapened quality that's occurring . The poor service of staff and less than ideal cleanliness. But if a bunch of these go under it changes the business / towns landscape. Shawnee OK was rated #1 in the country for fast food restaurants per capita . If they were to lose a slew of those it would be like the old oil boom towns that are small ghost towns of today.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All in all, the food industry is perhaps the least forgiving. Restaurants tend to fail at a higher rate than other businesses.
There’s an insanely high failure rate for restaurants in their first year. I don’t remember the exact percentages, but restaurants that survive their first year are the exception, not the rule.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I very seldom go into Starbucks but the last time for me was several years ago when the bright eyed 14 year old looking barista wanted to engage with me in a dialogue about "the social conscious behavior" of white people. After l broke out laughing and asked her did she even know what the hell she was talking about l cancelled my order and left. Never again........just make the coffee and stfu........

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom