The Flu 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's here. I have it. You do not want it.
I've been getting flu shots every year since 2005. Hadn't caught the flu since... until this year. Had it in January and again starting Saturday. Had solid food today for the first time since Saturday. This time it came with the worst sore throat I've ever had. I still can't talk or swallow without pain. I got severely dehydrated by yesterday morning and had to force myself to down water and electrolytes no matter how much it hurt - otherwise my wife was going to force me in to get IV fluids and I knew she was right. I hate needles.

Get vaccinated - most of those that die from the flu are disproportionately the ones not vaccinated. It may not keep you from getting sick but it may save your life.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine as I do every year the first week I October. So is the OP saying he caught the flu even after receiving the shot every year since 2015? Guess I'm just not following cause I'm tired. Bear with me.

Last edited:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine as I do every year the first week I October. So is the OP saying he caught the flu even after receiving the shot every year since 2015? Guess I'm just not following cause I'm tired. Bear in me.

Yes, that's exactly right. My most recent shot was last Wednesday, but that was already too late to be effective. I hope you get that bear out of you...

Latest posts

Top Bottom