The Flu 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ope. Yep. Didn't think about that. Just hope they've got it!
If they don't, they will. I've had the old one a couple of years ago. My son in his 40's, mom back in the day, and best buddy that is in his 40's has had it, and all say it makes you miserable for a long period of time.
I'd like to avoid that.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. There's a shortage. I put myself on waiting lists at two pharmacies ... one of them said, "Don't be surprised if you don't hear from us until December!" They were dead serious. I kept calling different pharmacies until I found one in town that had it in stock. BTW - It falls under your Part D - subject to a copay. Cost me $47; cost the wife $34.

Actually, that depends. https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/flu-shots

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they don't, they will. I've had the old one a couple of years ago. My son in his 40's, mom back in the day, and best buddy that is in his 40's has had it, and all say it makes you miserable for a long period of time.
I'd like to avoid that.

Yeah, I remember my Mom having it. Miserable. I mean, really miserable. Don't want to go through that.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a full-time Walmart associate with medical benefits my flu shot is covered when I get it from the pharmacy at my store. I checked and the senior flu vaccine is included in that coverage--as I'm 65 now, I'll make sure to get that vaccine when I get my shot. I'll probably do that today. Thanks for the reminder!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm very fortunate that I have never had to pay for a flu shot. For years, I didn't even take them. But, while I was working for a government contractor, the Air Force decided it would be a good idea to give us all free flu shots, not just the military, since we were working side-by-side, all day, every day. I got them free that way for a while, and then my insurance started covering them 100%. Now, Medicare takes care of it!

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been 11 days since I was officially diagnosed with the flu. Got little sleep last night due a wracking cough that has been coming on every day for a period of about 1-4 hours. Got little sleep. Went back to the urgent care clinic, got blood tested, ended up with z-pack, steroid shot in the butt and some pills for the cough.
I'm ready to be all better now!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been 11 days since I was officially diagnosed with the flu. Got little sleep last night due a wracking cough that has been coming on every day for a period of about 1-4 hours. Got little sleep. Went back to the urgent care clinic, got blood tested, ended up with z-pack, steroid shot in the butt and some pills for the cough.
I'm ready to be all better now!
Sounds like you have it bad. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom