The Flu 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a quadrivalent vaccine that included protections for some -a and -b strains. I think the clinic said I had a -b type, but not the particular strain. Kind of fuzzy memory of Saturday night, but not in a good way.
Getting better, though that is relative - woke up with a wracking cough and the dry heaves. And my right eustachian tube is now blocked. But the sore throat is finally subsiding as well as the aches.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a quadrivalent vaccine that included protections for some -a and -b strains. I think the clinic said I had a -b type, but not the particular strain. Kind of fuzzy memory of Saturday night, but not in a good way.
Getting better, though that is relative - woke up with a wracking cough and the dry heaves. And my right eustachian tube is now blocked. But the sore throat is finally subsiding as well as the aches.

stock up on the time honored chicken soup, hope you get to feeling better

Hawker800

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine.
c6b8f9869d665437723a117f5a8821ed.jpg

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chicken soup is usually high in electrolytes like sodium that are lost during vomiting and diarrhea.

You have my sympathies.
I had a severe case of flu about 30 years ago and thought I might even die.
The fever, aches, and chills went on for days and were trying even for a healthy 30 yr old.

I can understand why it killed 80,000 people last year.
One of them was my aunt.

Last edited:

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom