The Flu 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must have missed all the reports on the 2017 flu shot not being a good match. Some years it is a good match 40%-60% effective some years not a good match. They won't know about this years flu shot until the data comes in.
Check this chart from CDC https://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/vaccination/effectiveness-studies.htm

BTW, I got my flu shot last month.

I'm familiar with plenty of reports. However, the "effectiveness" data published there by the CDC is not studying the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing the strains of flu that are in the shot, nor its effectiveness in reducing influenza infection overall.

My point is - how about we pass a law outlawing the sales of all red Toyota Camrys in 2019? Then, we complain about how many Camrys are on the road in 2019 and 2020? Plenty of black, brown, white, blue and other colors, but no red ones, right? Does that mean our law was ineffective in preventing people from buying Camrys?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took my son in today to be checked for it and thankfully he didn’t have it. I haven’t got a shot in years. The last time I got one I got the flu so I said forget it I ain’t ever getting one again.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the story with 65 and older flu shot? If your under 65 with a compromised immune system, can you receive it?

I has got the flu shot every year for 40+ years. Headed to the VA tomorrow to get it.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm gonna get one at the VA before i start the plan C chemo, i always have a mild reaction to the shot, but it ain't the flu. and i need to get my head shaved so if it starts itching again i can put something on the itch other than my claws

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm gonna get one at the VA before i start the plan C chemo, i always have a mild reaction to the shot, but it ain't the flu. and i need to get my head shaved so if it starts itching again i can put something on the itch other than my claws

The flu doesn't seem to be so bad now. Hope the chemo goes well for you.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've taken a flu shot for years and I have never had the flu. There have been times, this year included, that I felt like I had mild flu-like reactions to the shot - sweating as in a breaking fever, muscle ache, etc. for a day or two. I consider this a small price to pay for developing an immunity to the full-blown flu most likely to be encountered.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had the flu since the Air Force marched me down to the man with the injection gun, gave it to me year after year in the mid 70's. Hong Kong, Swine, etc. Still have the shot records to prove it. Loved every minute of it.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had the flu since the Air Force marched me down to the man with the injection gun, gave it to me year after year in the mid 70's. Hong Kong, Swine, etc. Still have the shot records to prove it. Loved every minute of it.

Fished those waters before. Same branch and time frame. Had a extra shot record on my person 24/7 for deployment purposes.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're free at work...might as well. Got mine today.
I've never had the flu, dont care to get it, I'll take my chances with the shot working vs having a negative reaction to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom