The Flu 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine.
c6b8f9869d665437723a117f5a8821ed.jpg

Hell ya! Had some bushmills Black Bush yesterday at the Irish pub. That stuff wil cure anything.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
remember, back in 1918 without all the travel we have today, i.e. increased exposure probability, the Spainish Lady killed 18,000,000 +
If Wikipedia is to be believed, more recent research indicates that bacterial infections killed most of the victims, rather than the flu itself. Some researchers think that it was the movement of Allied soldiers and sailors that spread it around the world, with it originating at an Allied hospital facility in France.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a severe case of flu about 30 years ago and thought I might even die.
The fever, aches, and chills went on for days and were trying even for a healthy 30 yr old.
I can totally relate. Had the flu about 6-7 years ago (in my mid 50s), and my fever chills were practically convulsive. And ya can't stop 'em either.

They were so bad that I was seriously worried about cracking a rib. Had an electric blanket on high, and an electric heater pointed at the bed.

Unforgettable experience. :/

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm familiar with plenty of reports. However, the "effectiveness" data published there by the CDC is not studying the effectiveness of the vaccine in preventing the strains of flu that are in the shot, nor its effectiveness in reducing influenza infection overall.

My point is - how about we pass a law outlawing the sales of all red Toyota Camrys in 2019? Then, we complain about how many Camrys are on the road in 2019 and 2020? Plenty of black, brown, white, blue and other colors, but no red ones, right? Does that mean our law was ineffective in preventing people from buying Camrys?
Yes, the flu shot is effective against the strains contained in the flu shot. It's not effective when the strains mutate like they did last year or they don't "guess" the right strains. That's what the CDC data shows, they aren't good at guessing sometimes. Many leading MD's have said the flu shot needs to get better. I never said we should ban flu shots just make them better.

And why do you want to outlaw red Toyota Camrys?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the flu shot is effective against the strains contained in the flu shot. It's not effective when the strains mutate like they did last year or they don't "guess" the right strains. That's what the CDC data shows, they aren't good at guessing sometimes. Many leading MD's have said the flu shot needs to get better. I never said we should ban flu shots just make them better.

And why do you want to outlaw red Toyota Camrys?

So when you ban red Camrys, then you can point to black Camrys and blue Camrys to point out how ineffective banning any of them are. It's simple. Just like talking about how ineffective the flu shot is.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the flu once. Honest to God it was the first time in my life I honestly thought I might actually die from something. It literally took me a month to get back up on my feet. Never again if I can help it. I'm the first one in line at the doctor's office for a flu shot every year.

Same thing with pneumonia shot, but I can honestly say that the flu was way worse than pneumonia. With pneumonia I was just winded and tired. With the flu there was not a cell in my body that didn't hurt -- plus being winded -- and "tired" didn't even begin to describe the fatigue I had.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder what the effects of weed are on flu symptoms
. I heard CBD oil cures everything.

I sat by the walking death on an airplane a couple years ago. She was coughing and sneezing and blowing contaminated vapor everywhere with no concern of the other passengers. And sure enough, it started that night with a scratchy throat, then a cough. The next day the aching started and I flew home and went to bed. Got up the next morning and was tested, sure enough, type b. I was in bed for 3 days, then back to work. It did take about a month to get over the congestion.

I got the flu shot that year and people tell me it probably kept the flu from getting worse. It was probably the same person that said CBD oil cures everything.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coworkers that go to work sick when they have plenty of accrued sick leave irritate me to the breaking point.

There was one guy in particular I used to work with that got sick frequently.
He was a magnet for common colds, flu, and seasonal illnesses.
Even though he had hundreds of hours of sick leave he insisted on coming in to work to cough and sneeze on everyone around him and when anyone rebuked him for it he would just laugh.
He was a nice guy otherwise. Just didn't have any consideration for people he worked with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom