The Flu 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That new shingles shot sure hurts, my arm was sore for 3 days.
Speaking of that, I was told the other day my shingles shot I got three years ago has now been superseded by a new one because the old shot was ineffective.
I have my semi annual checkup with my VA Dr next week, so I'm going to ask.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of that, I was told the other day my shingles shot I got three years ago has now been superseded by a new one because the old shot was ineffective.
I have my semi annual checkup with my VA Dr next week, so I'm going to ask.

Yep. New one is called Shingrix. Requires two injections ... the second one two to six months after the first.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll get that started next week.

Good luck. There's a shortage. I put myself on waiting lists at two pharmacies ... one of them said, "Don't be surprised if you don't hear from us until December!" They were dead serious. I kept calling different pharmacies until I found one in town that had it in stock. BTW - It falls under your Part D - subject to a copay. Cost me $47; cost the wife $34.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Got mine last Thursday afternoon, and my arm is still a little tender today.
Hmm. Everybody told me the tetanus shot hurt and to get it in your backside, but the nurse stuck me in the arm for the DTAP shot, and it didn't bother me at all.

Back in July, my doc sent me to the ER out of concern that I might have a blood clot in my leg. It turned out to be an infection, so the mean nurse shot me in one butt cheek with an antibiotic, then made me turn over so she could jab the other one. I thought I was going to have to drive home standing up after those two.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. There's a shortage. I put myself on waiting lists at two pharmacies ... one of them said, "Don't be surprised if you don't hear from us until December!" They were dead serious. I kept calling different pharmacies until I found one in town that had it in stock. BTW - It falls under your Part D - subject to a copay. Cost me $47; cost the wife $34.
VA=no charge.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. Everybody told me the tetanus shot hurt and to get it in your backside, but the nurse stuck me in the arm for the DTAP shot, and it didn't bother me at all.

Back in July, my doc sent me to the ER out of concern that I might have a blood clot in my leg. It turned out to be an infection, so the mean nurse shot me in one butt cheek with an antibiotic, then made me turn over so she could jab the other one. I thought I was going to have to drive home standing up after those two.
I've had lots of tetnus shots. Never had one hurt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom