The future of cordless power tools.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love it!
The lithium batteries have made battery tools pretty handy but not able to stay in the job as long as wired.
Yes, one can have multiple batteries, but it doesn't take long to exceed the price of a corded tool with the purchase of one back up battery and charger.
At the work bench I prefer the wired, but when on the roof or at the farm, the battery tool sure is nice.
Totally impressed with the 20V Dewalt 12" chain saw using the 5MAH batteries.
It won't keep up with a gas model but for convenience, it's a tool I won't be without. The battery pole saw is great for quick work to clear limbs from deer stands and it's quiet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really need (want) a battery powered chainsaw. I think it would be handy as a shirt pocket. I have hundreds of cedars in my fencing. I have 2 gas chainsaws but really too big for cutting trees from a fence.
We had a leak in our well water line a couple months ago I commented on.
Cleared a lot of smaller trees in a day to get the track hoe up there. Yes, the operator could have taken them out, but my time vs his time at $150 an hour is much different.
With the 5 MAH battery, it ran for hours with time out to move brush and so on.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I really need (want) a battery powered chainsaw. I think it would be handy as a shirt pocket. I have hundreds of cedars in my fencing. I have 2 gas chainsaws but really too big for cutting trees from a fence.
You won’t regret getting one. I already had some dewalt tools so that’s the one o got. $129 on Black Friday at Atwoods last year. I’ve cut about two ricks for the patio fireplace. The chain is still sharp and cutting fine. My theory is that it doesn’t turn fast enough to heat the teeth up which saves on wear.
Tightening the chain requires no tools in the field. Simply loosen this up and pull the bar tight while retightening it.
0C19A4BC-07DF-4737-8BED-5B7CE39533CF.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently bought a Bauer cordless chainsaw from Harbor Freight, because I already had the batteries for my pole saw and drill. It looks like a toy and feels like a toy, but that SOB will cut.

I haven’t run the chainsaw continuously enough yet to see how long it will hold up on a charged battery, but the pole saw will go a solid two hours.

In my uneducated opinion, if they can make pole saws and chainsaws (my son even has a cordless lawn mower) that work as good as they do, the sky is the limit for cordless tools.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom