The GOP strikes again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am a Vet so I am definitely pro Vet, but these back door spend riders the politicians hang on these bills is what gets the bill killed. It is kind of like , yep, we will give you this but bend over cause we want ours!!~
Calling out the Senator who shot it down is the wrong one , go after the so called representatives who put the rider in there.
Both sides of the isle are guilty of this crap. I applaud Mr Stewart for going to bat for Our Vets , he makes me realize that all Democrats are not brainwashed lemmings but he needs to get at the root of the problem and not the end result. We are sliding into a recession because of the fast and free money the ,gov is burning through and it has to be stopped.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
John cornyn says the bill will eventually pass in some form. I think the GOP wants the wording tightened up. The bill reclassifies 400B from discretionary spending to mandatory. It’s possible they are just providing some oversight and looking out for our tax dollars. Clean it up and it will pass.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like the GOP senators voted "No" because the democrats changed $400 billion in funds from discretionary to mandatory spending on things related to climate, taxes and health care (non-veteran).

IF that's the case then good for the GOP. People are always bitching about the wasteful spending by government but when someone tries to reel it in they complain.

Like Sen Toomey said, there's an easy way to get this legislation passed. Put it in a "clean" bill without all the baggage. Democrats won't do that for a couple of reasons: 1) they can't get their pork and, 2) they don't really give a s**t about the military.

This is more about posturing by democrats than it is funding for veterans that need help.

And I'm a disabled vet...so don't tell me I don't care about veterans issues.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey this coming from the same folks that today crowed about our economy being in good shape and pointed out the fact that even with the "minor" slowing in the economy that people were still spending at a rate of 11% more than this time last year. That indicates a "vibrant growing economy". Man! You wouldn't believe the amount of democrats that said "See, we told you so"!!!!!!....... Well untill someone pointed out of course they are, because INFLATION IS JUST ABOUT 11%!
The original toxic exposure bill started at 38 billion, you know the one that had bipartisan support, magically it is now 480 billion in just ONE short week!

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom