The GOP strikes again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GM repaid everything it was obligated to pay under the terms of the bailout loans. It was the US treasury that soaked the taxpayers by buying GM stock...on which they (or, we the taxpayers) took an $11B hit, ultimately. The treasury sold the stock at a big loss. That's not GM's fault.

By 2014 GM had become one of the 40 most profitable corporations in the country. Then they had the massive ignition switch recall that pretty much wiped out all their earnings.

All of the big 3 took LOTS of government money. To say Ford is any better than the others based on GM and Chrysler taking government loans is disingenuous.

Regardless of how it came about, GM benefited from yet more government money (confiscated from citizens) to aid the company, but probably more so, it aided the unions. The stock purchases by the government was just another way to help a big constituent to the Democratic Party.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bills that are as important and meaningful as this one should be passed without amendment and without pork. If I wrote and introduced this bill and another representative or committee started adding a bunch of **** to it that was not related or just plain pork, and my bill got shot to hell, I'd be up on an ethics charged, censured and probably booted from the house, cause I would be kicking their ass and destroying their offices.

Rotten sonsabitches.
All the more reason for us to keep an eye on polls during the election. Any suspicious activity should be dealt with immediately. Vets should all band together like the "Band of Brothers' we once were. We can do it.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On top of this Whitehouse redefining recession, now Facebook is censoring economists for defining it.

American Institute for Economic Research senior research fellow Phillip Magness discusses Facebook's censorship tactics enacted against him after he shared a post regarding the White House's attempts to redefine 'recession.'

Latest posts

Top Bottom