The Grammys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can mock me for it, but I love Adele. She puts every bit of her heart into every performance. The lady has a passion that I love to see on stage.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who are the fake locals? lol. Which "trendy" places did you not like?
Ha! I stayed at the Marriott downtown near 6th. It was a new Bistro/Snowflake safe zone near 6th. Have no idea of the name because I never had one reason to remember. Double Ha, Ha!
Locals, to me, was anyone over 50 that lived in Austin for the past couple of decades. There was a time you could ask the cabbies but now they're all from Syria. Now I just find a local at the meetings. Always a few from the host city if it's regional or national conference.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! I stayed at the Marriott downtown near 6th. It was a new Bistro/Snowflake safe zone near 6th. Have no idea of the name because I never had one reason to remember. Double Ha, Ha!
Locals, to me, was anyone over 50 that lived in Austin for the past couple of decades. There was a time you could ask the cabbies but now they're all from Syria. Now I just find a local at the meetings. Always a few from the host city if it's regional or national conference.
Most locals avoid Dirty 6th. That's where undergraduate students party. If you didn't get off of 6th, you missed the goodness that Austin encompasses.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I never go to 6th unless I dragged. Went to the LBJ Library and the history museum (two of my favorite spots) this trip. Had not been to the LBJ in some time. It's still cool as hell. Showed the Sniper's tower to some younger employees that had no idea of what I was talking about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom