The Grammys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I never go to 6th unless I dragged. Went to the LBJ Library and the history museum (two of my favorite spots) this trip. Had not been to the LBJ in some time. It's still cool as hell. Showed the Sniper's tower to some younger employees that had no idea of what I was talking about.
There are several members here from Austin. You should have asked them for advice instead of relying on the Syrian cab drivers (e.g., you'll get cheaper rides, and better advice, from locals driving Lyft/Uber/etc.).

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are several members here from Austin. You should have asked them for advice instead of relying on the Syrian cab drivers (e.g., you'll get cheaper rides, and better advice, from locals driving Lyft/Uber/etc.).
I've learned to never trust much a cab driver says. If they recommend a place, they're getting something. In my reply, I said "I ask someone at the meetings that's from the area". No skin in the game and, for the most part, good suggestions. Most of the places I go, I've been and have certain places I like to go for food. I try to explore things that I might have not seen or is new. As you know, when you travel you need to occupy your time. If not, travel ends up as room, meeting rooms, bar, restaurant, bar and room.
Repeat for duration.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It went political left.
It wouldn't be an awards show in 2017 without at least a little bit of politics taking center stage and a whole lot of drama.
James Corden, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez and more all touched on the political climate when they took the stage at the 59th annual Grammy Awards, and Adele literally stopped the show to restart her tribute to George Michael.
Adele first opened the show with a straight-forward performance of her hit "Hello" before James Corden took the stage and things took a turn for the political.
"The Late Late Show" host rapped about the show and the stars in the audience, and at the end of his rap Corden commented on politics, sharing a message of unity and quipping about President Donald Trump.
"…With President Trump we don't know what comes next," he said mid-rap. "We can survive by sticking together."
After Corden finished his introduction, Jennifer Lopez presented the first award of the evening and also talked politics.
"At this particular point in history, our voices are needed more than ever," she said hinting at the Trump presidency.
JLo presented the award for best new artist to Chance The Rapper.
Katy Perry went farther, taking the stage to perform "Chained to the Rhythm" with "We the people" written behind her and an armband that read "persist." And later on, Tribe Called Quest chanted "resist" in a politically-charged performance.
Earlier, Adele, who had trouble with her live performance at last year's Grammys, restarted her tribute to George Michael.
The famous singer cursed and then said with teary-eyes, "I can't mess this up for him... Can we please start again?" She apologized for swearing when she won song of the year for "Hello."
It wasn't the only hiccup of the night. Lady Gaga's mashup with Metallica got off to a slow start with James Hetfield's microphone not working at all.
Throughout the night, a slew of other A-list stars performed such as Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood, Ed Sheeran and Beyonce.
Introduced by her mother, Beyonce took the stage in a glittered gown and headdress for a performance that began with a long, spoken video-enhanced presentation about mothers and children. The highly-anticipated performance by the pregnant pop star got a standing ovation from the crowd.
Corden had his own attention-grabbing moment when he showed up in the star-studded audience with a mobile Carpool Karaoke cutout car and prompted stars like Lopez, John Legend, Urban and Faith Hill to team up with him and Neil Diamond to sing "Sweet Caroline."
Twenty One Pilots were early winners during the night. They accepted the trophy for best pop duo for "Stressed out" in their underwear, a move Corden mimicked when the show returned from a commercial break.
Beyonce took home the award for best urban contemporary album for "Lemonade," and David Bowie won a posthumous Grammy for best rock song during the telecast for "Blackstar." Meanwhile, Maren Morris won the award for best country solo performance for "My Church."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
[emoji767]2017 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the people watching award shows only have access to antenna tv, eh? Seriously, why? What's the point? If they had an all-star plumbers award show would you tune into that as well? I guess it's part of that celebrity worship mentality that's so prevalent around here. Like the dude on here not to long ago that pissed himself cause he rode in the same elevator as Kevin Durant. I don't get it? Clueless in Okarche.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom