The Grammys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the people watching award shows only have access to antenna tv, eh? Seriously, why? What's the point? If they had an all-star plumbers award show would you tune into that as well? I guess it's part of that celebrity worship mentality that's so prevalent around here. Like the dude on here not to long ago that pissed himself cause he rode in the same elevator as Kevin Durant. I don't get it? Clueless in Okarche.....

I was watching because I work as a DJ so I figure I should stay in the loop a bit on such things. I have absolutely no use for the Tonys the Emmys or anything else that isn't music related. I don't honestly care for most of the artists as people, but I am happy to make money playing their music. By the time I play it someone else has has already made it popular so I am in no way part of their success. If I were, I'd probably need to rethink it a bit. Anyway, I've met plenty of famous people myself and while it's always interesting to meet someone who has done something impressive, most are just normal folks and those who aren't are usually a-holes. :)

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Van Wilks still gets around, and has a loyal following locally.
We stay in touch. He put me on the right track with my soloing, even tho Im a metal player and was not into his brand of power blues/rock back then I am now. That dude can play and taught me alot. Maybe when I get a lil older I will switch up to the blues too. Maybe not also...

I just moved to Leander so my uncle sent me a snap of a receipt from SRV buying guitars and his address was Leander. I didn't know he lived up there.
Ive read a bit of him and Jimmys history but dont remember anything about living up in Leander. He prolly did tho since he moved around alot. He was famous for buying lots of guitars later when he got money and would give them away to friends so its likely the real deal. The one hes most famous for tho was 'Lenny', he named after his wife that collected the money from his friends and bought him the guitar from a pawn shop he had been in but couldnt afford the guitar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom