The Great CQB Lie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I think it was Kris Tanto Paronto who said, and I am paraphrasing here,
"You can only rise to the training you have received."

In other words just because you can stop the microwave at 007 don't make you James Bond.

Training in any tactical self defense skill could possibly save your life. The argument trying to make it a negative and not worth the time, money, or effort does not hold water. Unfortunately, the training is a perishable skill and you have to commit to continuing the training or the skill will deteriorate and might then become a negative.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the OP, I think it was Kris Tanto Paronto who said, and I am paraphrasing here,

In other words just because you can stop the microwave at 007 don't make you James Bond.

Training in any tactical self defense skill could possibly save your life. The argument trying to make it a negative and not worth the time, money, or effort does not hold water. Unfortunately, the training is a perishable skill and you have to commit to continuing the training or the skill will deteriorate and might then become a negative.
I fully agree with what you say 'Snattlerake' and have been working hard in perfecting my 'fall to the floor and fake a heart attack' routine, in the hopes that any home invaders quickly flee in fear that they may be charged with my 'death' :thumbup3:

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I believe it is "You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training."

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just a scum sucking fat civilian piece of garbage but would also like to gate keep this issue.
No matter what high stress situation you find yourself in you will probably with you had better gear, more training and a way out.
I really don't care if you like to shadow box while you watch Bruce Lee movies; at least you're doing something to be prepared and have your mind on it.

More importantly why would anyone try to justify why and how I train for anything to some random person on the internet lmao gtfo. Good way to get your dog shot.
No need to justify anything, just wondering about the whys of how people prep.

My dad was a veteran, and my oldest brother was a cop. I was raised thinking about scenarios and then planning for them. My wife gets tired of it sometimes but I’ve never been able to shut it off.
That's not a lie. That is a choice, period.
If it’s not outright lying I feel like many companies sell people on the likelihood in bad faith. I have a few acquaintances that are all kitted out. If their reasoning was “because it’s cool and I like it” I say do it and have fun. A lot of times they just saw it on YouTube or online and thought “I need that.” They’re sold on it as protecting their family. Manipulating that protective nature to sell products and waste resources is wrong to me. When we get to discussing actual scenarios and practicing, they begin to see their equipment is not best for their needs. This has happened to me multiple times as well

You are correct in that it is always a choice of the buyer, and the choice of the prepper. I just wish more people/businesses provided disclaimers when discussing the subject.

Training is another matter. I agree with many here that you should be trained in as many different disciplines as possible and then became very familiar with the ones you absolutely need.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a guy cannot carry a 200 lb man 100 yards or so and keep on fighting, you need not worry about any CQB.

Most likely you will be in a encampment with all the old, fat, disabled men, women, children and other people who cannot carry a 200 lb man a distance and still be able to fight.

You won’t even be like the last kid picked on a slaughter ball game.
I can't carry a 200lb guy 100yards but I can carry his gear 200 yards

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

if true, who gained the knowledge to then train others?

Latest posts

Top Bottom