The Great CQB Lie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a guy cannot carry a 200 lb man 100 yards or so and keep on fighting, you need not worry about any CQB.

Most likely you will be in a encampment with all the old, fat, disabled men, women, children and other people who cannot carry a 200 lb man a distance and still be able to fight.

You won’t even be like the last kid picked on a slaughter ball game.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the premise of your post? Are you asking? Or telling?

This has been discussed and rediscussed and rediscussed-discussed in several past threads, yet here we are again.
Wondering what situations you find yourself in for that side of prepping. I’m not in the city so my wife and I didn’t even discuss that matter. Most posts deal with the ra ra element of I’ll take this or me and the boys will go gang busters on bad guys.

Mainly I’m wondering about the more family unit based planning. I have two kids now so my wife and I have changed our emergency plans considerably over the past few years. Mainly just seeing what people are thinking as they compile the info in their head. I didn’t even think of you had to defend your house while sitting literally right next to another house and not on property. That’s a valid reason to have a 10.5” AR vs 16” AR. Good point.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a guy cannot carry a 200 lb man 100 yards or so and keep on fighting, you need not worry about any CQB.

Most likely you will be in a encampment with all the old, fat, disabled men, women, children and other people who cannot carry a 200 lb man a distance and still be able to fight.

You won’t even be like the last kid picked on a slaughter ball game.
My dad is almost 400 lbs. We tell him we’ll strap him with armor and turn him into a tank. Lol! Seriously though PT means a lot, but even a fat guy can sit in a good angle and take out a few guys trying to take his house.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don't think any individual, trained or not could hold a structure against a trained element. On that subject, I don't think an individual or small untrained element could stand a chance taking a structure against a small force.
but isn't that exactly what happened in places like Iraq and Afghanistan?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Wondering what situations you find yourself in for that side of prepping. I’m not in the city so my wife and I didn’t even discuss that matter. Most posts deal with the ra ra element of I’ll take this or me and the boys will go gang busters on bad guys.

Mainly I’m wondering about the more family unit based planning. I have two kids now so my wife and I have changed our emergency plans considerably over the past few years. Mainly just seeing what people are thinking as they compile the info in their head. I didn’t even think of you had to defend your house while sitting literally right next to another house and not on property. That’s a valid reason to have a 10.5” AR vs 16” AR. Good point.
people in the country will be just as likely to be raided, but with things like drones and fire.

are you prepared to use your water to defend people hell bent on burning you out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom