The great elk hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tha edge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Packing today for 4:30am departure tomorrow. Last group limited out Tuesday and the ranch is snowed-in. Plum jelly packed with elk tag and medicines. :rolleyes2
The rest is elementary. Deer Slayer can explain. The "Over The Hill Gang" is fired up.
dave

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank goodness the sand plum jelly is packed. Bennie Jo wouldn't let me back on the ranch without her jar of plum jelly comin. The elk better hide cause The "Over The Hill Gang" is comin to take 6 of them away:giveup: Ho Ho HE HE Ha Ha. The elk will be down low cause of the recent snow fall. I bet ya limit by Sunday.:clap3: You might need a snowmobile to get them out. Just don't ask "Henry" to help.

Tha edge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Dusty. Today is just hurry up and wait. Been to the truck 9 times with little things you "MIGHT" need. You have now been there so you prepare for everything. All we need (but don't have) is a few sets of "young legs". It is amazing how much steeper those hills are with every passing year plus how much farther it is to the top.:hithead:

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you thing we take young hunters Dave, they can drag them better than we can. They can also drag us out when we go down too. They shoot horses don't they???????

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You guys are a hoot to listen to, I can only imagine what it's like on the hunt!:):) My dad went to Wyoming every year with a group of guys for mulies and antelope, they all have since passed but would have enjoyed having this technology and forum for sure.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roosta - Were they in court yesterday??????????:fullauto:
Dennis - It was difficult but I DID refrain from mentioning your jackass episode. I dont know many folks that will draw down on a brown headed jackass even at night.:clap3: Rick and I sure needed you when I had my "social exchange" with Henry.:drunk:

I also will not mention the elk story where an elk died and fell off a cliff into a deep mine pit.:anyone:

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you thing we take young hunters Dave, they can drag them better than we can. They can also drag us out when we go down too. They shoot horses don't they???????

I have thought about that..the horses part. I recall one night that I drug your crabby a$$ off the mountain at 11pm and 10*F. If I recall, I was carrying most of the meat as well. That elk was heavy, but mighty tasty!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom