The Gulag Archipelago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you read this book? I wish I would have read it when I was younger. Might have understood some things earlier. It should be required reading at some point. When you recognize the ideology they used it can clarify your ideas on politics. We always talk about THE holocaust and forget there are many others and they are in some ways worse. The things that happened in Russia during that time are unique.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read it again a few years ago and understood it much better than when in high school.

One of the books I read annually is 1984. It has proven to be more prophetic and timely every year.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read it again a few years ago and understood it much better than when in high school.

One of the books I read annually is 1984. It has proven to be more prophetic and timely every year.
In that same vein, Fahrenheit 451 is one of those incredibly prophetic books that I read in high school that meant more when I re-read it later. Perhaps because the roots of Bradbury's book burning had already taken hold in the form of political correctness by then...

As a friend of mine says, Ayn Rand, George Orwell, and Murphy were all optimists...

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I read it in college. I don't remember much about it other than it was bad. The conditions described in the book. Not the book itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom