The Hartford to limit insurance for fossil fuel companies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very few companies are still involved with commercial that has environmental risk like this. Especially the big multi line like Hartford, or Farmers or Allstate that write a little commercial business. Like you said, this is just posturing/virtue signaling. The big commercial players already have all this business anyway. Like Allianz or AIG or Berkshire Hathaway (the non GEICO one), Zurich etc.
WHAT????? Berkshire Hathaway? Obama's best friend Warren Buffett?
The same guy that bought the Burlington Northern railway and still delivers coal to the power plants that obama was trying to eliminate?
Oh yeah when I retired from the coal fired power plant, Buffets trains still delivered our coal. It cost the Oklahoma utility customers in higher utility prices because he required the coal trains to increase from 100 cars to 150 cars.
When the coal is dumped at the power plant, the train is put in neutral and mechanical means are used to move the cars from the dump station and out of it. The cars are turned upside down to dump them.
The existing equipment to move the train was not designed for 150 cars of coal, so new and heavier equipment was required to be installed, all of which was passed on to the consumer.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The existing equipment to move the train was not designed for 150 cars of coal, so new and heavier equipment was required to be installed, all of which was passed on to the consumer.

I'm wondering if the utility's delivery per car was cheaper since they needed fewer loads (due to the loads being 50% larger). BNSF was surely reducing their costs with the larger loads.

Who am I kidding though. I'm highly doubt any of it trickled down to us :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom