The heat and me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A6668777-3348-4068-84D5-31C9D44D3E93.jpeg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sure as hail can't either... I work in an air-conditioned environment exclusively now, thank God, but man, when I do get out and work some in the heat, it becomes quickly apparent what a damn puss I've become. Just getting out and weedeating for an hour after leaves me zapped and feeling like a zombie the rest of the evening. UGH!

On a brighter note, I am actually HOME these days to do these things. :D

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does "avoid excessive sunlight" on the pill bottle mean me or the pills?
Can Metoprolol cause skin cancer?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a cable tech I have no choice :/ During the summer I go through about 6-8 hats as after a week or two they go from blue to a purplish color and have salt stains on the bill and hat. I've already dropped about 8 lbs this month and will probably lose another 7-8 lbs before summer is over.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does "avoid excessive sunlight" on the pill bottle mean me or the pills?
Can Metoprolol cause skin cancer?
It means you. I poked around and didn't find anything suggesting that it causes light- or heat sensitivity or such, though it does appear to have cold sensitivity (Reynaud's syndrome) as a potential side effect.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care for the heat but can deal with it. My wife is another story altogether though. She has a ton of health issues but the one that causes a lot of issues with the heat is a myocardial bridge so going into the heat causes elevated blood pressure which makes her feel as if she is having a heart attack. I have to do my best to make sure I precool the vehicle before we go somewhere as well as do my best to make sure that she can head straight inside and that wherever we are has decent AC. Also carry the instant cold packs and have had a few times where we have had to improvise ice packs with a couple of the plastic grocery style bags so she can try and cool her core down a bit.

Next year I am planning on pulling a vacuum on the AC system and recharging it with a different refrigerant. 134a just doesn't cut it when it's above 95 degrees. Heard the envirosafe stuff is supposed to work more like R12. It's fairly cheap so if it's not a big deal to try it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom