The highway patrol trooper WANTS to let you go.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gave a friend of mine an old GPS that needed a battery and updating. Was less expensive for me just to buy a new one with lifetime updates. Anyway the reason I gave it to him was so he could use it as a speedometer in his hot rod. Still worked on 12 volts and having old maps didn't matter.

Maybe someone has an old GPS laying around to donate to the cause..

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lmao only in oklahoma. A gps for a speedo. I

It comes in handy. My 99 CVPI has been setting for a couple years now and magically the speedo quit working. If I have to drive it again I have go to this route or get a new gauge cluster.

I use a GPS speedometer app in my Android-based smart-phone in my Tahoe. There is a well-known issue involving the servos/motors in the dash cluster needles, and my speedo is frequenty off, saying I'm doing 30 or 120 when I'm at regular speed. This comes and goes a lot and has been going on for a year or more. I can pull the dash cluster and send it off for repair for about $100. It's not the money that's a problem, it's just that I'm plain lazy and don't want to tear my dash apart. <sigh>

So I downloaded a speedometer app for my phone, enable GPS and plug the phone in. It displays real-time speed, direction and elevation data in full-screen, and will even do a "mirror" mode where I can throw it up on my dash and it will reflect off the windshield for a heads-up display. I've checked it numerous times and it is extremely accurate.

:D

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a GPS speedometer app in my Android-based smart-phone in my Tahoe. There is a well-known issue involving the servos/motors in the dash cluster needles, and my speedo is frequenty off, saying I'm doing 30 or 120 when I'm at regular speed. This comes and goes a lot and has been going on for a year or more. I can pull the dash cluster and send it off for repair for about $100. It's not the money that's a problem, it's just that I'm plain lazy and don't want to tear my dash apart. <sigh>

So I downloaded a speedometer app for my phone, enable GPS and plug the phone in. It displays real-time speed, direction and elevation data in full-screen, and will even do a "mirror" mode where I can throw it up on my dash and it will reflect off the windshield for a heads-up display. I've checked it numerous times and it is extremely accurate.

:D

I was once like you. Even blew it off when the tach quit working. I finally gave in when the fuel gauge quit.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many times crimes more serious are identified from a minor traffic violation stop. Warrants, possession of stolen property, etc.

They profiled poor old ignert...

The answer to where I'm coming from or going to is always "Is there a problem? If so, I would like to refer any further questions to my lawyers."

Latest posts

Top Bottom