The highway patrol trooper WANTS to let you go.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a relative that her speedometer doesn't work. She got stopped in Moore recently, got a warning also. Must be a lot of speddos that don't work in OK.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a relative that her speedometer doesn't work. She got stopped in Moore recently, got a warning also. Must be a lot of speddos that don't work in OK.

Considering it was a very well-known and documented problem on at least the '00-'06 GM trucks... yeah... there're a bunch.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several shops in Tulsa work on speedometers. Had one repaired in a Mustang GT by the old guy down on 11th St thats been doing it like forever. Wasnt that expensive, he just replaced the gear.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Considering it was a very well-known and documented problem on at least the '00-'06 GM trucks... yeah... there're a bunch.

Same with the early 2000ish Super Dutys, I'm 4 mph slow at 70mph.............I use a droid gps for speed in my 71' Bronco, it's off by 11mph at 65mph due to tires and transmission change from original.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a GPS speedometer app in my Android-based smart-phone in my Tahoe. There is a well-known issue involving the servos/motors in the dash cluster needles, and my speedo is frequenty off, saying I'm doing 30 or 120 when I'm at regular speed. This comes and goes a lot and has been going on for a year or more. I can pull the dash cluster and send it off for repair for about $100. It's not the money that's a problem, it's just that I'm plain lazy and don't want to tear my dash apart. <sigh>

So I downloaded a speedometer app for my phone, enable GPS and plug the phone in. It displays real-time speed, direction and elevation data in full-screen, and will even do a "mirror" mode where I can throw it up on my dash and it will reflect off the windshield for a heads-up display. I've checked it numerous times and it is extremely accurate.

:D

It is fairly easy to fix the speedometer.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm far too humble to elicit money on OSA, but couldn't OSA start a thread to restore ignernt's odometer and speedometer?
I think, if we all got together, and gave it the old college try we could buy poor ignernt an odometer.
For the price of a single cup of coffee, you could buy ignernt an odometer and speedometer. You could. You could, but you've fallen and you caint get up.

"Where's The Meat!!!"

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a GPS speedometer app in my Android-based smart-phone in my Tahoe. There is a well-known issue involving the servos/motors in the dash cluster needles, and my speedo is frequenty off, saying I'm doing 30 or 120 when I'm at regular speed. This comes and goes a lot and has been going on for a year or more. I can pull the dash cluster and send it off for repair for about $100. It's not the money that's a problem, it's just that I'm plain lazy and don't want to tear my dash apart. <sigh>

So I downloaded a speedometer app for my phone, enable GPS and plug the phone in. It displays real-time speed, direction and elevation data in full-screen, and will even do a "mirror" mode where I can throw it up on my dash and it will reflect off the windshield for a heads-up display. I've checked it numerous times and it is extremely accurate.

:D

Have used a similar app to verify the validity of several speedometers. Works very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom