The Hijacked Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, I apologize to @akgriffin for my part in destroying your thread. Second, I know things get lost in emotional intent, when reading from text on a forum, so whether @GlockPride intended to humiliate me or not, could’ve been understood either way, if not then I apologize to you for my actions and comments. The only way I’ve found to come close to showing intent through text, is punctuation, emojis, or “HAHA” or “LOL”, which I try to do with anything I write. As all the folks on here, who I’ve met in person can tell you about me, I feel I’m a really easy going, chill, “avoid confrontation”, nice guy, or at least that’s my intent. It’s always been easy for me making friends, because I like for everyone to have the right to be their own person, with their own ideas and beliefs.

Now to the “licensing” point… My intention was 100% the same as what was said here, which I copied and pasted here.

From @Chuckie - “I fully agree with our Right to Constitutional Carry for the vast majority of gun owners, but I have to agree with 'cdschoonie' only in the sense that a very small percentage of people should not be allowed to carry weapons without having first gone through some type of hunter safety, firearm safety, or psylchological evaluation. Lets face it, not everyone is emotionally, psychologically, or physically capable of handling firearms safely.”

Also mentioned was ‘Licenses’ vs. ‘Rights’. Stated was the fact that, just because you go through the class doesn’t mean you’re trustworthy with a firearm, 100% agree! That’s like saying “I watched a YouTube video, so I’m a certified car painter.”

I have trouble often, with writing my intended thoughts, but I guarantee I feel the same way you guys do on this issue, I just can’t seem to get it across as easily as y’all have.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@cdschoonie totally good man. Not trying to humiliate, I was trying to educate and be insightful and it failed miserably. Thanks for your posting. I, too, often struggle to write thoughts accurately and that can be reasonably understood. I should have stepped back as well. I was firing off when in reality what I said didn’t necessarily reflect very well what I was trying to say. And then stubbornness kicked in.
Apologies to all. Check your pm’s please and hit me back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom