The hunting "streak" continues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried to beat the rush for prairie dogs this past weekend...seems the area starts getting people out to shoot around Memorial day so we went up last Thursday. It rained. Friday...it rained. Saturday....it rained. Sunday...it rained. Monday when we had to leave it was clear, go figure. I'm not opposed to getting wet, but I dont think the Pdogs are active when its raining and the road leading to the Pdog town is a literal swamp when its rained and takes a while to dry out. Its fun to hang out...but a friend of mine flew in from Florida for this and basically all we got to do was some plinking in the backyard. May play the weather the next few weekends to see if its better but at this point my last 5 hunting outings have been a total bust.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When its good, its the most fun you can have with a rifle IMO. First time I went out I ran out of ammo (and I had quite a bit). It got me hooked.
It is without a doubt the most fun to watch a PD explode from a .30 Cal 110 grain HP. Don't mess with .22 or magnum .22, that'll kill em for sure but we liked seeing how high in the air we could sling em with the larger caliber rounds.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When its good, its the most fun you can have with a rifle IMO. First time I went out I ran out of ammo (and I had quite a bit). It got me hooked.
Well...uh (clearing throat) buddy, I don't live too far from you and if you ever need a driver for a pdog adventure, I could probably maybe make some time. I could rent a chauffeur hat and refer to you as Ms. Daisy if you'd like.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is without a doubt the most fun to watch a PD explode from a .30 Cal 110 grain HP. Don't mess with .22 or magnum .22, that'll kill em for sure but we liked seeing how high in the air we could sling em with the larger caliber rounds.

17WSM turns 'em into pink mist, too.
We also had a pair of 204 Rugers and a .223 this year but didnt get to try either out. Blah.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pig hunting is the new prairie dog hunting.

I've yet to get into a big mess of pigs when I've gone pig hunting, and when you get into a small group and open fire, we are pretty much done for the day once the dust settles. They are off property in no time and it takes a while to get 'em back on the land. Both are fun, but there's generally more action with Pdogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom