1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "I carry a 1911" Starterpack

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by MrShooter, Apr 16, 2017.

1. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

For the record, I shoot with getoffmylawn on occasion. I've never seen him post anything that he didn't believe other than some funny things to stir the pot and this may not be one of them. I don't know. That being said, I don't shoot with glock shooters typically, so I can't back up what he says.

2. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Marksman

Rating
    100%
    this thread is like a tractor beam but it's not pulling me in because I don't G A F what y'all think..

Glocktogo likes this.
  3. druryj

druryj Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rating
    100%
    Okay, in all seriousness now; to what do you attribute the malfunctions with Glocks? Is it an issue caused by modifications that shooters have made? A flaw? In all my many years with the Glock pistols, since first buying one in 1995, I just have not seen many issues that weren't caused by the shooter or the ammo, rather than the gun itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Getoffmylawn

Getoffmylawn Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Could be a number of things. Garage gunsmithing is probably the worst issue though cause I hear a lot of bragging like; my trigger pull is so sweet now with that new trigger bar, or yeah I use the steel guide rod and 9lb recoil spring, it's a new aftermarket extractor etc....
    Then they go shoot and it's bang bang bang tap rack bang tap rack tap rack bang

And always followed immediately with "that's the first time this has ever malfunctioned"

So yeah, it's most likely due to user error.
    I used to have a Glock 19 and kept all the internals stock, but would still get the occasional fte.
    I just don't trust them anymore.

MadDogs likes this.
  5. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I can understand this very well. We have a pretty decent sized contingent here that like to play untrained gunsmith on their glocks and 1911's as well, funny how many times it is THAT guy who has issues. I pretty much leave my guns stock or if the mod is bigger than a drop in trigger, my smith gets the job. I have seen Glocks roll full auto due to the homemade trigger job on more than one occasion. Bullseye guys are notorious for tweaking their 1911's to the point of FTF/FTE often times just based on springs alone (been there, done that). I love the game, but sometimes the players are not as skilled mechanically as they believe they are.

6. Shootin 4 Fun

Shootin 4 Fun Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rating
    100%
    I missed your challenge.

7. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Rating
    100%
    I haven't had any non-ammo issues with my Glock so long as I don't limp-wrist it. I did learn very quick it doesn't like mouse-fart ammo that will run my Sig P228 just fine. But then the extent of mods on mine are 3.5lb connector and night sights.

8. Getoffmylawn

Getoffmylawn Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So, back to 1911's.... mine won't run lead bullets to save it's life. It must be fmj. Anybody else have this issue?

9. MadDogs

MadDogs Sharpshooter

Nope. Both my 1911's are Colts and they can run anything and love 200gr lead semi wad cutters. One is a stock gun too.

IMG_0032.jpg

10. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Marksman

Rating
    100%
    whats your feed ramp angle