The innocent man case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't want to hijack this thread, but is anybody working on a book about Joyce Gilchrist (spelling?) of the OKC PD and the mess with Bob Macy, the former OK County DA?
They are both dead and gone now, I believe so anybody with information can come forward.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also not to hijack again, but Killers of the Flower Moon is a sad but interesting true crime book about the murder of the Osage millionaires to get their oil rights.
Last I remember reading, Hollywood (Martin Scorsese and Leonardo Dicaprio I think) was supposed to make a movie out of it.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Debbie Carter was my cousin. I went to the trials with her mother Peggy, Sisters Darla & Leona.
Bad time.
Deb was a sweetheart.
Peggy right now is recovering from a stroke at Darlas house, she's doing better every day.
Debra-Carter-5-400x220.jpg
181111-debbie-sue-carter-grave-773.jpg

fritzandwilliamson380_kindlephoto-413710939.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also not to hijack again, but Killers of the Flower Moon is a sad but interesting true crime book about the murder of the Osage millionaires to get their oil rights.
Last I remember reading, Hollywood (Martin Scorsese and Leonardo Dicaprio I think) was supposed to make a movie out of it.
They were advertising for stand-ins and some filming before covid. Not now I don't' think. Friends wife is the great grand daughter of one of the murdered Osage tribal members mentioned in the book.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That book was outstanding

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the case in Ada was discussed here a year or so ago, and IF I understood correctly at the time some of our members who live(d) in Ada were confident that they got the right suspects? Some of them did not speak very highly of Grisham.
I saw a presentation by the US Magistrate Judge and two of the ladies who assisted him in investigating and ultimately overturning the conviction of Ron Williamson, the guy whose story is told in The Innocent Man. I don't know much about the book or Grisham, but based on what those three said and the evidence they showed in the presentation, Williamson had his problems, but he was not the perpetrator of the crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom