The Interstate Compact on 2nd Amendment Sanctuary! OK might be in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read through the entire bill. It sounds as if it will protect us from ALL anti gun “laws” on the federal level. Then when I got to the end it made it sound as if it didn’t do that. It is meaningless if it doesn’t 100% protect the 2A. That means ZERO restrictions. Sadly many so called patriots don’t agree with that. They claim they support the 2A and constitution and then say stuff like “felons shouldn’t have the right to carry a gun”. Really? Where does it say that in the constitution?? ALL citizens have the right to own and carry whatever they choose. No one should be able to tell any of us what we can or can’t own or carry. If we don’t stand up we WILL lose ALL of our freedoms. That is a fact. Hopefully something like this can take hold and restore this nation. Or at least restore the south. I say we secede. We could easily make it on our own. We have tons of industry throughout the region. But as I’ve said before, this bill sounds great but doesn’t mean squat if no one is willing to fight to defend it. Sadly no one is willing to do that for the constitution so I see no reason they would for this. It’s just words on paper. Just like the bill of rights. The main reason our country is in the shape it’s in is because of our cowardice and complacency.
I'm trying to find where you had an issue in the latter part of the legal statement,
so i'm posting the final 3/4 of the bill. Could you help me with your issues?

SECTION 3. (1) A state, county or municipal agency may not use or authorize the use of an asset to implement or aid in the implementation of a requirement of:

(a) An order of the President of the United States, a federal regulation, or a law enacted by the United States Congress that is applied to:

(i) Infringe on a person's right, under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, to keep and bear arms;

(ii) Deny a person a right to due process, or a protection of due process, that would otherwise be available to the person under the constitutions of compact states or the Constitution of the United States; or

(b) The REAL ID Act of 2005.

(2) As used in this compact, the following terms have the meanings ascribed in this subsection, unless context indicates otherwise:

(a) "Asset" means funds, facilities, equipment, services, or other resources of a state or municipal agency.

(b) "State, county or municipal agency" means the sovereign governing authorities with each compact state, or a department, institution, board, commission, division, council, committee, authority, public corporation, school district, regional educational attendance area, other administrative unit of a county or municipality, or the executive, judicial, or legislative branch of state government, or other political subdivisions thereof, and includes employees of those entities.

(c) "Firearm accessory" means an item that is used in conjunction with or mounted on a firearm but is not essential to the basic function of a firearm, including a telescopic or laser sight, magazine, flash or sound suppressor, folding or aftermarket stock and grip, speedloader, ammunition carrier and light for target illumination;

(d) "Generic and insignificant parts" includes springs, screws, nuts and pins;

(e) "Manufactured" means a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that has been created from basic materials for functional usefulness, including forging, casting, machining or other processes for working materials.

SECTION 4. (1) A personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is possessed in a state within this compact region or manufactured commercially or privately in a state within this compact region and that remains in the state is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce as those items have not traveled in interstate commerce.

(2) This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is possessed in a state within this compact region or manufactured in a state within this compact region from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state. Generic and insignificant parts that have other manufacturing or consumer product applications are not firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition, and their importation into a state within this compact region and incorporation into a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in a state within this compact region does not subject the firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition to federal regulation. Basic materials, such as unmachined steel and unshaped wood, are not firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition and are not subject to congressional authority to regulate firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition under interstate commerce as if they were actually firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition. The authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce in basic materials does not include authority to regulate firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition possessed in a state within this compact region or made in a state within this compact region from those materials. Firearm accessories that are imported into a state within this compact region from another state and that are subject to federal regulation as being in interstate commerce do not subject a firearm to federal regulation under interstate commerce because they are attached to or used in conjunction with a firearm in a state within this compact region.

(3) A firearm manufactured or sold in a state within this compact region and not subject to federal regulation under this section must have the words "Made in [Name of Compact State]" clearly stamped on a central metallic part, such as the receiver or frame.

(4) The attorneys general of each compact state may defend a citizen of a state within this compact region who is prosecuted by the government of the United States under the congressional power to regulate interstate commerce for violation of a federal law concerning the manufacture, sale, transfer or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition possessed in a state within this compact region or manufactured and retained within a state within this compact region.

(5) A federal statute, regulation, rule or order adopted, enacted or otherwise effective on or after the effective date this compact is effectuated is unenforceable in a state within this compact region by an official, agent or employee of a state within this compact region, a municipality, or the federal government if the federal statute, regulation, rule or order violates the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, by:

(a) Banning or restricting ownership of a semiautomatic firearm or a magazine of a firearm; or

(b) Requiring a firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered.

(6) The attorneys general of each compact state shall, under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, file legal action necessary to prevent the implementation of a federal statute, regulation, rule or order that violates the rights of a resident of the compact state.

SECTION 5. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after July 1, 2020.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to find where you had an issue in the latter part of the legal statement,
so i'm posting the final 3/4 of the bill. Could you help me with your issues?

SECTION 3. (1) A state, county or municipal agency may not use or authorize the use of an asset to implement or aid in the implementation of a requirement of:

(a) An order of the President of the United States, a federal regulation, or a law enacted by the United States Congress that is applied to:

(i) Infringe on a person's right, under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, to keep and bear arms;

(ii) Deny a person a right to due process, or a protection of due process, that would otherwise be available to the person under the constitutions of compact states or the Constitution of the United States; or

(b) The REAL ID Act of 2005.

(2) As used in this compact, the following terms have the meanings ascribed in this subsection, unless context indicates otherwise:

(a) "Asset" means funds, facilities, equipment, services, or other resources of a state or municipal agency.

(b) "State, county or municipal agency" means the sovereign governing authorities with each compact state, or a department, institution, board, commission, division, council, committee, authority, public corporation, school district, regional educational attendance area, other administrative unit of a county or municipality, or the executive, judicial, or legislative branch of state government, or other political subdivisions thereof, and includes employees of those entities.

(c) "Firearm accessory" means an item that is used in conjunction with or mounted on a firearm but is not essential to the basic function of a firearm, including a telescopic or laser sight, magazine, flash or sound suppressor, folding or aftermarket stock and grip, speedloader, ammunition carrier and light for target illumination;

(d) "Generic and insignificant parts" includes springs, screws, nuts and pins;

(e) "Manufactured" means a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that has been created from basic materials for functional usefulness, including forging, casting, machining or other processes for working materials.

SECTION 4. (1) A personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is possessed in a state within this compact region or manufactured commercially or privately in a state within this compact region and that remains in the state is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce as those items have not traveled in interstate commerce.

(2) This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is possessed in a state within this compact region or manufactured in a state within this compact region from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state. Generic and insignificant parts that have other manufacturing or consumer product applications are not firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition, and their importation into a state within this compact region and incorporation into a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in a state within this compact region does not subject the firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition to federal regulation. Basic materials, such as unmachined steel and unshaped wood, are not firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition and are not subject to congressional authority to regulate firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition under interstate commerce as if they were actually firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition. The authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce in basic materials does not include authority to regulate firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition possessed in a state within this compact region or made in a state within this compact region from those materials. Firearm accessories that are imported into a state within this compact region from another state and that are subject to federal regulation as being in interstate commerce do not subject a firearm to federal regulation under interstate commerce because they are attached to or used in conjunction with a firearm in a state within this compact region.

(3) A firearm manufactured or sold in a state within this compact region and not subject to federal regulation under this section must have the words "Made in [Name of Compact State]" clearly stamped on a central metallic part, such as the receiver or frame.

(4) The attorneys general of each compact state may defend a citizen of a state within this compact region who is prosecuted by the government of the United States under the congressional power to regulate interstate commerce for violation of a federal law concerning the manufacture, sale, transfer or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition possessed in a state within this compact region or manufactured and retained within a state within this compact region.

(5) A federal statute, regulation, rule or order adopted, enacted or otherwise effective on or after the effective date this compact is effectuated is unenforceable in a state within this compact region by an official, agent or employee of a state within this compact region, a municipality, or the federal government if the federal statute, regulation, rule or order violates the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, by:

(a) Banning or restricting ownership of a semiautomatic firearm or a magazine of a firearm; or

(b) Requiring a firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered.

(6) The attorneys general of each compact state shall, under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, file legal action necessary to prevent the implementation of a federal statute, regulation, rule or order that violates the rights of a resident of the compact state.

SECTION 5. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after July 1, 2020.
It sounded as if only “semi autos” would be covered. I didn’t see where it stated ALL firearms would be protected. I know there are a lot of folks that say they support the 2A but don’t think that civilians should have machine guns. Also, they don’t believe felons should be able own or carry firearms. So this made me wonder if this bill will protect those. I could have miss interpreted what it said. Hopefully I’m way wrong. So please Prove me wrong Dennis!!!

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounded as if only “semi autos” would be covered. I didn’t see where it stated ALL firearms would be protected. I know there are a lot of folks that say they support the 2A but don’t think that civilians should have machine guns. Also, they don’t believe felons should be able own or carry firearms. So this made me wonder if this bill will protect those. I could have miss interpreted what it said. Hopefully I’m way wrong. So please Prove me wrong Dennis!!!
I would love to have a REAL UZI but alas I can't afford the tax stamps and even if I could I probably would go broke trying to feed the thing. :fullauto:
Still this bill is a necessary step to curtail the end run around OUR Constitution that the DSA/dnc commiecrats are trying to do, not only in this but also against the electoral college. If they do an end run around the electoral college then nobody except the five largest population centers in this nation will have any voice in the presidential elections, or many other major acts that require voter approval. It will mean that the communist plutocracy has effectively amended the Constitution without a convention, 75% of the Sates approval, 66% of both houses of congress approval. That is tyranny in action folks. BE vigilant and be aware of what is going on. This Compact goes a long way to preventing this kind of literal usurpation of our National Constitution and laws by the DSA/dnc Communist plutocracy.

DSA/dnc IS the greatest enemy of the USA in the world. Want proof, just turn your TV on.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just realized it says that guns that were made in one of the compact states are protected. So basically I took it to mean if you have guns not made in one of the compact states it isn’t protected from the feds. If that’s the case then this whole bill is worthless. If Mississippi or any other state actually really cares and supports the constitution and the 2A they will protect ANY gun not matter what it is or where it came from. Also it should protect suppressors, SBR’s, and machine guns. But I’m not gonna hold my breath that run is will pass and even if it does I won’t hold my breath that the states will actually stand up to the feds. It’s just words on paper.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"The authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce in basic materials does not include authority to regulate firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition possessed in a state within this compact region or made in a state within this compact region from those materials."

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just heard on Mark Levin, they were talking about another subject (something about the electoral college) that any compact between states must be approved by congress.
That might be a monkey wrench in the works.....

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the monkey wrenches the Feral government has thrown into the Constitution, Congress ought to be careful of the bones they wish to pick.

Woody
Sadly they are doing this because they know we won’t do anything but talk big. It’s been this way for far too long.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F53C92DD-6F56-41BA-9D2D-7842D729CDEB.png
I just got this email from the governors office.

Latest posts

Top Bottom