The Invincible Manurhin MR73 Revolver is Back in the USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably will never own one but I can always dream/drool:
(BTW: Language Warning)

TFB TV
Published on May 7, 2021

Contents:
0:00 Intro and History
2:51 Overview of the Manurhin MR73
6:43 Brief Specs
7:47 Shooting Impressions/Review
11:12 Trigger Weight Measurements
11:25 Summary and Conclusion
12:25 Negatives
15:16 Outro

Last edited:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I probably never own one but I can always dream/drool:
(BTW: Language Warning)

TFB TV
Published on May 7, 2021

Contents:
0:00 Intro and History
2:51 Overview of the Manurhin MR73
6:43 Brief Specs
7:47 Shooting Impressions/Review
11:12 Trigger Weight Measurements
11:25 Summary and Conclusion
12:25 Negatives
15:16 Outro

That is an impressive tool.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Manurhin is the French Company that actually made all the parts for the Walther pistols from About 1945 to 1985-86. I have a couple of them in the guise of a PPK and a PPK/S and they are incredibly well made little guns.

German companies were not allowed by the Occupation Powers after WWII to manufacture weapons in Germany, so Walther moved their machinery right across the Border in France and forged an agreement with Manurhin to make the parts. By the terms of the agreement, so many parts were then shipped back to Walther, in Germany, where final finishing and assembly too place. Under German laws of the time, if a pistol was assembled and proofed in Germany, it could be considered to be Made in Germany. Also, Manurhin would keep X number for themselves and finish and proof them in France.

Basically, a West German Walther PPK, manufactured in say...1975 and a Manurhin PPK made that same year, are identical pistols, even though one says Walther and one says Manurhin. Maybe that's one reason Walther PPK and PPK/S guns "Made in West Germany" are highly coveted; because they were really tooled up by Manurhin.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Manurhin is the French Company that actually made all the parts for the Walther pistols from About 1945 to 1985-86. I have a couple of them in the guise of a PPK and a PPK/S and they are incredibly well made little guns.

German companies were not allowed by the Occupation Powers after WWII to manufacture weapons in Germany, so Walther moved their machinery right across the Border in France and forged an agreement with Manurhin to make the parts. By the terms of the agreement, so many parts were then shipped back to Walther, in Germany, where final finishing and assembly too place. Under German laws of the time, if a pistol was assembled and proofed in Germany, it could be considered to be Made in Germany. Also, Manurhin would keep X number for themselves and finish and proof them in France.

Basically, a West German Walther PPK, manufactured in say...1975 and a Manurhin PPK made that same year, are identical pistols, even though one says Walther and one says Manurhin. Maybe that's one reason Walther PPK and PPK/S guns "Made in West Germany" are highly coveted; because they were really tooled up by Manurhin.

I have a Manurhin PPK/s and it was pretty much Identical to an Interarms imported Walther PPK/s that my friend owned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom