The Irishman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been hyped pretty big on Netflix for awhile now, and Joe Pesci was great in it. So was Robert De Niro, but I though Al Pacino was lousy as Jimmy Hoffa. The Movie started off okay, and was entertaining for the first hour and a half, but then it lost steam and just drug on. And on. And on. Way too many "fuggedaboudits," "show some respect,"and other wise-guy cracks...Lots of Italian guys with slick hair and heavy accents running rackets and killing people. A 2 hour mafia movie, crammed into 3 1/2 hours. I'm not sure how it ended, fell asleep with about 1/2 hour to go.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I started watching it Friday and only made it through 30 minutes or so. Thought it was really slow going. It didn't keep our attention at all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched it yesterday. Pretty much brain dead with this heavy head cold I’m going through so didn’t put a lot of thought into it, just watched it to the end.
Wife and I both commented on the incredible classic cars used in the filming.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok Bobby can go drown himself and his ego in a toilet.
Two better Netflix movies
The Dirt
and
They Call me Dolomite

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I agree it was a bit long and drawn out (OK, a lot), thought it was a pretty good movie. I thought the de-aging techniques that they used were pretty impressive and the acting was pretty dang good for my non-critic sensibilities. Basically it was a good mobster movie that got long winded.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched the whole damn thing ... every minute of it ... Saturday night. Didn't need to be that long, but I still enjoyed 'every minute of it.'

Latest posts

Top Bottom