The Joy of Home Ownership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I'm learning this the hard way.
Things home ownership taught me
How to be a victim of mortgage fraud
How to be the victim of mortgage refi fraud
How a crooked mortgage company can and will bribe your attorney to throw your case.
Ice dam roof leak damage insurance doesnt cover
Storm downed tree damage to roof insurance doesnt cover
Crooked insurance adjusters writing false reports after telling me damage would be covered
Home flooding from roofing contractor blocking drains and piling roof tear off debris in french drain paths not covered by insurance.
Increases in home insurance deductibles and premiums due to reoccurring storm damage
How a great credit rating can be destroyed by a crooked mortgage company
How city codes enforcement can interrupt repair contractor and then tie up repermitting process over something thàt was actually more than compliant with city codes admin.
How the anger and angst over house problems can ruin a marriage
How crooked realtors really can be
How nobody regulates or investigates crooked realtors
How the US Attorney and FBI can refuse to investigate interstate mortgage bank fraud
How you personally can be locked in a room and treated like a criminal for trying to give your case file to the FBI.
How animal control tried to bait and lure my dogs off my property when they were invisible fence trained
How my crooked mortgage company turned my dogs in to animal control for running loose when they werè invisible fence disciplined
Add in the cost of lawn maintenance, repairing salt spray and weed killer damage to my lawn by city crews being careless oŕ trying to spray my invisible fence trained dogs with their applicator pump wand
How crooked the entire HUD home sales process is.

And people ask me why I rent

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's me. I'm way too meticulous, even when I don't know what I'm doing.

Yep. When someone asks me "Who did the work?" I want to be proud, or at least not ashamed, to say I did it.
You have become a rare breed indeed Sir. So many people in the 'Trades' these days live by the mantra of "good enough' to get my paycheck this week.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have become a rare breed indeed Sir. So many people in the 'Trades' these days live by the mantra of "good enough' to get my paycheck this week.

I fell your pain. It's so hard to find someone who takes pride in their work whether they work for themselves or someone else. It's really sad.

But, it has pushed me to do more things myself that I'd normally hire someone to do. It just takes me longer. That's OK, though...keeps me occupied.

Latest posts

Top Bottom